The Devil and Father Amorth
|The Devil and Father Amorth|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||William Friedkin|
|Narrated by||William Friedkin|
|Music by||Christopher Rouse|
|Edited by||Gary Leva|
|Distributed by||The Orchard|
The Devil and Father Amorth is a 2017 documentary film directed by William Friedkin showing the ninth exorcism of an Italian woman in the village of Venafro referred to as "Cristina", this time performed by Father Gabriele Amorth.
Robbie Collin of The Telegraph wrote that the film "feels amateurish and arguably also exploitative [...] although perhaps that lends it credibility: in this context, too much polish would almost certainly be cause for suspicion." Owen Gleiberman of Variety called the film "a rather tawdry charade."
- "The Devil and Father Amorth (2018)". Box Office Mojo. November 16, 2018.
- Friedkin, William. "The Devil and Father Amorth: Witnessing "the Vatican Exorcist" at Work".
- "William Friedkin on Twitter".
- Collin, Robbie (31 August 2017). "The Devil and Father Amorth, Venice Film Festival review: William Friedkin's exorcist documentary doesn't give the Devil his due" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Gleiberman, Owen (21 September 2017). "Film Review: William Friedkin's 'The Devil and Father Amorth'".