The Devil of the Earth
|The Devil of the Earth|
(Chikyuu no Akuma)
|Genre||Action, adventure, science fiction|
|Written by||Osamu Tezuka|
|Magazine||Shōnen Shōjo Bokeno|
"The Devil of the Earth" is an anti-war science fiction short story depicting a giant city built under the ground as a shelter from world wars, and conspiracies over its construction. One day, in a small village, a large project to build an underground city begins under the supervision of Dr. Takano with the specific aim of preparing for nuclear war. Eiji and his brother Eizo are forced to get involved in terrible plots over the construction after a village boy is hit and killed by one of the construction trucks. Then a mysterious man called Demonobirth suddenly appears. Who is he, and what will happen to the boys? The story takes an unexpected turn.
- Eiji: One of two brothers caught in a range of conspiracies revolving around the underground city's construction.
- Eizou: Eiji's brother who is also caught up in the events surrounding the underground city's construction.
- Rock as "Kenbo":
- Doctor Takano: The scientist leading the construction of the underground city.
- Demonobirth: A mysterious, masked man who appears in the small village for unknown reasons.
- "Chikyuu no Akuma vo". manga-news.com (in French). Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Devil of the Earth" manga page at TezukaOsamu@World (English)
- "Devil of the Earth" manga page at TezukaOsamu@World (Japanese)
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|