The Disappearing Man and Other Mysteries
Cover of first edition, 1985
|Cover artist||Yoshi Miyake|
|Genre||Mystery short stories|
|Publisher||Walker & Company|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Preceded by||The Key Word and Other Mysteries|
The Disappearing Man and Other Mysteries is a collection of mystery short stories by American author Isaac Asimov, featuring his boy detective Larry. The book was illustrated by Yoshi Miyake and was first published in hardcover by Walker & Company in 1985.
The book contains five stories. Three were reprinted from Boys' Life and the other two were new stories written for the book.
Larry appeared in six other stories, five of which appear in The Key Word and Other Mysteries. (The eleventh and final Larry story, "Zip Code," from Boys' Life September 1986, does not appear in any book.)
- "The Disappearing Man" (Boys' Life, June 1978)
- "Lucky Seven" (Boys' Life, September 1982)
- "The Christmas Solution" (Boys' Life, December 1983)
- "The Twins" (first appeared in this book)
- "The Man in the Park" (first appeared in this book)