The Dominion (San Antonio)
The Dominion is a wealthy neighborhood and master-planned community in San Antonio, Texas. Situated on approximately 1,500 acres within San Antonio's growing northwest side, The Dominion is widely regarded as one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the city, housing much of the area's upper class.
The neighborhood now occupies a far-reaching swath of land once owned by Anson Jones, the last president of the Republic of Texas. Around the turn of the century, it was sold to Adolf Topperwein, a world-renowned sharpshooter and member of Central Texas' large German community.
With a resident population of roughly 3,000 people, the Dominion is home to some of the most expensive plots in the San Antonio area. The average Zillow home value in the neighborhood was estimated to be $910,848 in October 2021, a figure that is greatly enhanced when comparing San Antonio's relatively low cost of housing to other metro areas. Properties frequently go for multi-million dollar figures.
The following people have lived or currently reside within the Dominion:
- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
- Manu Ginóbili
- John Hagee
- Tommy Lee Jones
- Gregg Popovich
- David Robinson
- George Strait
- "About Us". The Dominion Homeowners' Association. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "The Dominion Neighborhood". City Data. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "TOEPPERWIEN, ADOLPH". Texas State Historical Association Handbook. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "George Strait's Extravagant House in San Antonio is for Sale". 17 November 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "Spurs' Ginobili explains why he's selling his San Antonio home, retirement plans". 4 November 2016. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "Burglaries in The Dominion have residents on alert". 7 April 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "David Robinson's house quietly hits the market". 30 July 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "George Strait's hilltop castle in The Dominion for sale in San Antonio". 13 November 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2018.