The Door Through Space
Cover of the first edition
|Author||Marion Zimmer Bradley|
|Genre||Science fiction novel|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The Door Through Space is a 1961 science fiction novel by Marion Zimmer Bradley. An expansion of Bradley's story "Bird of Prey" which first appeared in the May, 1957 issue of the magazine Venture, it is her first novel, and was published by Ace Books, bound tête-bêche with Rendezvous on a Lost World by A. Bertram Chandler.
Although it is not part of her Darkover book series, but Darkover is mentioned (as another planet) in passing in the book; and many Darkover elements appear in the book (red sun, Dry Towns with chained women, catmen and other nonhumans, Terran Empire trade cities, Ghost Wind, etc.).
The novel concerns an intelligence agent and a blood feud in the Dry Towns in the north of a world called Wolf.
- 1961, US, Ace Books OCLC 1741054, Pub date May 1961, Paperback, Tête-bêche with Rendezvous on a Lost World by A. Bertram Chandler
- 1979, UK, Arrow Books ISBN 0-09-921170-X, Pub date 1979, Paperback
- Corrick, James A. (1991). Double Your Pleasure: The Ace SF Double. Brooklyn: Gryphon Books. p. 35. ISBN 0-936071-21-4.
- Tuck, Donald H. (1974). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Chicago: Advent. p. 64. ISBN 0-911682-20-1.
- The Door Through Space title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database