The Dreamers Guild
Authors Bryan Kritzell and David C. Logan reported that The Dreamers Guild was founded on an "open, consensus-driven" business model, in which employees voted to decide the company's corporate moves. It was based on the model of a guild. The company's art department was run by artist Bradley W. Schenck, who had previously created The Labyrinth of Time at Terra Nova Development. At final count, The Dreamers Guild employed over 100.
Employee Joe Pearce recalled that most of the Dreamers Guild's games were "a mixed bag success-wise." He cited Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb as a commercial flop, and called I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream "a modest seller." Halls of the Dead: Faery Tale Adventure II (1997) was The Dreamers Guild's final game before the company's closure. According to Retro Gamer, the developer "rushed out" the game before its bankruptcy. Pearce noted that "it barely got out the door."
- Halls of the Dead: Faery Tale Adventure II - 1997
- Nick of Time - 1996 (unreleased)
- Skulls, Bones and Buccaneers - 1996 (unreleased)
- The Legend of Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge (port to Mac OS) - 1996
- Dinotopia Adventure Game for PC - 1996
- I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - 1995
- FiefQuest - 1995
- The Labyrinth of Time (port to Mac OS) - 1995
- Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb - 1994
- Fast Action Paq - 1994
- Solitaire and Other Card Games - 1994
- Deluxe Music 2.0 - 1993
- The Legend of Kyrandia (port to Mac OS) - 1993
- More Vegas Games - 1993
- A-Train & A-Train Construction Set (port to AmigaOS and Mac OS) - 1993
- Robosport (port to AmigaOS) - 1992
- Faery Tale Adventure - 1990
- Ebonstar - 1988
- Logan, David C.; Kritzell, Bryan (1997). Reinventing Your Career: Following the 5 New Paths to Career Fulfillment. McGraw-Hill. p. 80. ISBN 0-07-009434-9.
- Staff (November 24, 2006). "Interview with Bradley Schenck". Graphic Design Basics. Archived from the original on April 2, 2019.
- Jong, Philip (November 24, 2009). "Joe Pearce - Wyrmkeep Entertainment - Interview". Adventure Classic Gaming. Archived from the original on January 5, 2019.
- Al Bustani, Hareth (2018). "The Making of... I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream". Retro Gamer (183): 72–75.
|This video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|