|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Associated acts||The Bronx
Joby J. Ford
David Hidalgo, Jr.
A side-project of members of various other bands, The Drips are Matt Caughthran and Joby J. Ford, both from The Bronx, Tony Bevilaqua from The Distillers, David Hidalgo, Jr. from Suicidal Tendencies and Social Distortion and Vincent Hidalgo from Bullet Treatment and Mariachi el Bronx.
Due to the touring duties of the members' different bands, The Drips were extremely inactive for their first five years. Their first album, self-titled "The Drips," was released in April 2006 mid-way through a UK tour. The album received many favourable reviews, with critics hailing their sound as "muscular and melodic... a thrilling blur".
The band reunited in 2016 for a handful of shows in their native California. Recordings from two shows were released digitally.
- "Live Cuts" (White Drugs) digital-only - 2016
- "The Drips" (Riot Style) 2xLP Vinyl - scheduled September, 2010
- BBC Sessions - released 2009
- Broken (Wichita) 7" - released April 10, 2006
- The Drips (Wichita) album - released April 26, 2006
- 16 16 Six (Wichita) 7" - released May 5, 2006
- Mexico (Hostage) 7" - released 2003
- 16, 16, Six (2006)
- The Drips official band website (currently unavailable)
- Wichita Recordings official website
- Riot Style official website
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|