The Drum (TV program)
|Genre||News, current affairs, politics|
|Presented by||Julia Baird|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Location(s)||Ultimo Studios, Sydney|
|Running time||30 minutes|
ABC News 24
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||23 July 2010 – present|
The Drum is an Australian current affairs and news analysis program presented by Julia Baird. The program airs at 5:30pm weekdays on ABC and is aired later on ABC News 24 at 6:30pm AEST on Monday to Friday.
The program follows on from The Drum website which offers blogs and discussions from various commentators.
Regular contributors include Annabel Crabb, Barrie Cassidy, Leigh Sales, Jonathan Green, Michael Brissenden, Alan Kohler, Madonna King, Antony Green, Ben Knight, Dominic Knight, Craig Murtrie, Rhys Muldoon, Jeff Waters and many more guest contributors. Reporter Mike Clay produces stories for the show that explain the context around the major news stories of the day.
In May 2014, The Drum moved to ABC TV with a new look, a new timeslot of 5.30pm, and a new 30 minute format. The program had a repeat run on ABC News 24 at 9.30pm (AEST), but was later moved to the earlier timeslot of 6:30pm AEST.
- "ABC The Drum". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Contributors (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Reporters (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- ABC announces the line-up for ABC News 24 The Australian, 21 July 2010
- 24-hour party people The Australian, 3 July 2010
|This article about a television show originating in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|