The Durango Kid (film)
|The Durango Kid|
|Directed by||Lambert Hillyer|
|Produced by||Jack Fier|
|Screenplay by||Paul Franklin|
|Music by||Bob Nolan
|Edited by||Richard Fantl|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures Corporation|
The Durango Kid is a 1940 American Western directed by Lambert Hillyer, starring Charles Starrett, Luana Walters and Kenneth MacDonald. This is the first of 65 Durango Kid movies Starrett made at Columbia Pictures.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
- Charles Starrett as Bill Lowry / The Durango Kid
- Luana Walters as Nancy Winslow
- Kenneth MacDonald as Mace Ballard
- Francis Walker as Henchman Steve
- Forrest Taylor as Ben Winslow
- Melvin Lang as Marshal Dan Trayboe
- Bob Nolan as Bob - Member of Sons of the Pioneers
- Pat Brady as Pat - Member of Sons of the Pioneers
- Frank LaRue as Sam Lowry
- Sons of the Pioneers as Ranch Hands and Musicians
Columbia and Starrett also made The Return of the Durango Kid (1945), Landrush (1946), Quick on the Trigger (1948), Laramie (1949), Renegades of the Sage (1949), Horsemen of the Sierras (1949), Streets of Ghost Town (1950), Texas Dynamo (1950), Lightning Guns (1950), Frontier Outpost (1950), Raiders of Tomahawk Creek (1950), Across the Badlands (1950), Junction City (1952).
- "Five Players Join 'Durango Kid' Cast". The Brooklyn Daily Eagle. New York, Brooklyn. June 18, 1940. p. 7. Retrieved June 7, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Charles Starrett - IMDb". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Boggs, Johnny D. (2013). Billy the Kid on Film, 1911-2012. McFarland. p. 74. ISBN 9781476603353.
|This 1940s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|