The East and the West
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Front cover of 1971 edition
|Publisher||Vedanta Society, New York, Udbodhan|
The book is divided into six chapters (excluding introduction).
- Customs: Eastern and Western
- Food and cooking
- Civilisation in dress
- Etiquette and manners
- France — Paris
- Progress in Civilisation
Vivekananda told the culture, the social customs of India is quite different from the Western countries. He claimed that religion (dharma) is the foundation of India.
- Ramesh Chandra Majumdar (1963). Swami Vivekananda Centenary Memorial Volume. Swami Vivekananda Centenary. p. 567.
- Amiya P. Sen (1993). Hindu revivalism in Bengal, 1872-1905: some essays in interpretation. Oxford University Press. p. 358.
- Roshen Dalal (18 April 2014). Hinduism: An Alphabetical Guide. Penguin Books Limited. pp. 1266–. ISBN 978-81-8475-277-9.
- "Publication details" (PDF). Retrieved 23 November 2015.