The End of Pinky
|The End of Pinky|
|Directed by||Claire Blanchet|
|Produced by||Michael Fukushima|
|Screenplay by||Claire Blanchet|
|Based on||The End of Pinky
by Heather O'Neill
|Narrated by||Heather O'Neill (English)
Marc-André Grondin (French)
|Music by||Geneviève Levasseur|
|8 min 14 s|
The End of Pinky is a 2013 stereoscopic National Film Board of Canada animated short directed by Claire Blanchet, based on a short story of the same name by Heather O'Neill. Described by the director as an "animated film noir set in a dream-like version of Montreal's Red Light District," the film is narrated in its English version by O'Neill and in French by Quebec actor Marc-André Grondin. Music for the film was composed by Genevieve Levasseur. O'Neill's story was originally published in the 2008 January–February edition of The Walrus. The film had its world premiere on September 11 in the Short Cuts Canada Programme of the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
In December 2013, The End of Pinky was named to the Toronto International Film Festival's annual top ten list, in the short film category.
- Leighton, Heather (9 September 2013). "The End of Pinky to premiere at TIFF". The Rover. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Silverstein, Melissa (11 September 2013). "TIFF Women Directors: Meet Claire Blanchet" (interview). Indiewire. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Animation Noir". Border Crossings (126). May 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "TIFF's Top 10 films of 2013 taps Enemy, The F Word, Gabrielle". CBC News. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- The End of Pinky at the Internet Movie Database
- "The End of Pinky", O'Neill's original story, and interview with Blanchet and O'Neill in The Walrus
- Official website
- Film webpage at TIFF.net
|This article related to a short animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Montreal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|