The Esplanade (Kenner, Louisiana)
|Management||Simon Property Group|
|Owner||Simon Property Group (50%)
& Farallon Cap. Mgt. (55%)
|No. of stores and services||135|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||900,000 sq.ft.|
|No. of floors||2|
The Esplanade, also known as the Esplanade Mall, is a shopping mall in Kenner, Louisiana, United States. It is anchored by Macy's (the first Macy's in Louisiana), Dillard's Clearance and Target. It opened on 9 October 1983, and is owned by the Simon Property Group, who acquired it through their merger with Mills Corporation in 2007.
The mall was built and opened in 1983. The original owners were Cadillac Fairview. The Mills bought it in 2003 and planned to add new retail including two new anchors (Target and Bass Pro Shops), as well as a new movie theater, but the plan fell through as the Mills faced financial difficulties. Dillard's acquired the former D. H. Holmes in 1985, and opened a men's store in the mall after Godchaux's closed as an anchor in 1989.
The mall closed in August 2005 after sustaining damage from Hurricane Katrina reopening by October 2005. Macy's closed its store in the Esplanade, but re-opened in October 2008. Mervyns closed at the mall in 2006 and sat vacant until 2010. In July 2010, it was announced that the Mervyns building would be demolished. Since then, a 138,000 sq ft (12,800 m2) single storied Target has been built in its place. The new store officially opened July 24, 2011.
In late 2011, Dillard's Men's Store closed, and in February 2012, the other Dillard's location was converted into a Clearance Center.
Many of the smaller stores around the mall have also been closing, most likely as a result of people leaving the surrounding areas ever since Hurricane Katrina. 
The mall serves people throughout Kenner and surrounding areas.
- "NewsLibrary Search Results". newsbank.com. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Outlet Stores Malls. "The Esplanade - Kenner, Louisiana". outletstoresmalls.com. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Mills-ifying the Regional Mall". retailtrafficmag.com. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Macy's revises plans to reopen at Esplanade in N.O. | New Orleans CityBusiness | Find Articles at BNET.com
- New Orleans CityBusiness - The Business Newspaper of Metropolitan New Orleans
- Target's new location in the Esplanade Mall opens Sunday, July 24 | Gambit
- "Fashion Liquidation stores in New Orleans". Gambit. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- I've personally seen this.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Esplanade Mall, Kenner, Louisiana.|