The Eternal Mask
|The Eternal Mask|
|Directed by||Werner Hochbaum|
|Written by||Leo Lapaire (novel)
|Music by||Anton Profes|
|Edited by||Else Baum|
|Distributed by||Arthur Mayer & Joseph Burstyn (US)|
|26 August 1935 (Wien)
12 January 1937 (US)
The Eternal Mask (German:Die ewige Maske) is a 1935 Austrian-Swiss drama film directed by Werner Hochbaum and starring Peter Petersen, Mathias Wieman and Franz Schafheitlin. The film was amongst the best ten foreign films of the year judged by the 1937 American National Board of Review of Motion Pictures. It also ran in competition at the 3rd Venice International Film Festival.
- Peter Petersen - Professor Tscherko
- Mathias Wieman - Dr. Dumartin
- Franz Schafheitlin - Monsieur Negar
- Tom Kraa - Dr. Wendt
- Thekla Ahrens - Sister Anna
- Olga Tschechowa - Madame Negar
- Karl Skraup - Le gardien
- Bergfelder, Tim & Bock, Hans-Michael. The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopedia of German Cinema. Berghahn Books, 2009.
- Kreimeier, Klaus. The Ufa story: a history of Germany's greatest film company, 1918-1945. University of California Press, 1999.
|This article related to an Austrian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|