The Exception Magazine
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Type of site
The Exception Magazine is an online news magazine that covers Maine. It is headquartered in Portland, Maine. The Exception Magazine (ISSN 1947-1181), which is updated daily during the week, covers Maine news, business, politics and culture. It is ad-supported and has been available to read free of charge since December 2008.
The Exception Magazine is nonpartisan. It has published guest editorials from conservative groups such as the Maine Heritage Policy Center as well as liberal groups like the Maine Center for Economic Policy. The Exception's publisher is Stefan Deeran.
Hospitality industry coverage
The Exception Magazine covers the food and travel industry and is known for its profiles of food tech ceos and town by town restaurant reviews The Exception is known for its script-generated town-by-town restaurant reviews using information data-mined from websites such as Yelp. These articles are examples of clickbait and serve only to increase the magazine's ad-generated revenue. Such pieces often make their way into news aggregators such as Google News where they may be mistaken by readers for actual news articles.
- "www.maineyellowpages.com". www.maineyellowpages.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- The exception magazine. "Results for 'n2:1947-1181' > 'Journal, magazine'". Worldcat.org. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- Local Independent Media in Portland, Maine http://www.liveworkportland.org/work-in-portland/creative-community/
- "Stefan Deeran". The Huffington Post. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "This website is for sale! - turnmaineblue Resources and Information". Turnmaineblue.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.