The Eyes of Darkness
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Author||Dean Koontz (as Leigh Nichols)|
|10 May 1981|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The Eyes of Darkness is a thriller novel by American writer Dean Koontz, released in 1981. The book focuses on a mother who sets out on a quest to find out if her son truly did die one year ago, or if he is still alive.
This plot summary may be a hook or written as if for a listings magazine. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A mother sends her son on a camping trip with a leader who has led this trip into the mountains 16 times before without mishap; that is until this time. Every single camper and leader and driver die with no explanation. As the grieving mother who is the protagonist begins to accept the fact that her son, Danny, is dead she starts getting vicious bully-like attacks from nowhere saying he is not dead, such as writing on chalk boards, words from printers and other various signs. Along with her new friend, Elliot Stryker, Christina Evans sets out to find what could have possibly happened on the day that her son apparently died.
List of characters
- Christina Evans - The mother of Danny.
- Michael Evans - The divorcé. Father of Danny.
- Elliot Stryker - A lawyer who used to work for Army Intelligence, and Christina's love interest and partner.
- Danny - Tina's son.
- Vincent - An assassin hired by Project Pandora.
- Alexander - Boss of Project Pandora.
- Mr. Jaborski - The Scout Leader.
- Vivienne - Christina Even's house maid.
According to author Dean Koontz in the afterword of a 2008 paperback reissue, television producer Lee Rich purchased the rights for the book along with The Face of Fear, Darkfall, and a fourth unnamed novel for a television series based on Koontz's work. The Eyes of Darkness was assigned to Ann Powell and Rose Schacht, co-writers of Drug Wars: The Camarena Story, but they could never deliver an acceptable script. Ultimately, The Face of Fear is the only book of the four made into a television movie.
- Koontz, Dean (May 10, 1981). The Eyes of Darkness (Print (Paperback)) (1st ed.). Pocket Books. ISBN 0-671-82784-7. OCLC 34817463.
- Koontz, Dean (December 2, 2008). "Afterword". The Eyes of Darkness (Reissue ed.). Berkley. pp. 369–374. ISBN 978-0425224861.
- "Lee Rich Propping Four TV Features". Variety. November 16, 1989. Retrieved June 30, 2014.