The Facebook Effect
|Published||June 8th 2010|
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster|
The book was shortlisted for the 2010 Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award.[non-primary source needed]
It describes how Facebook went from a dorm-room novelty to a company with 500 million users, and how Mark Zuckerberg stayed focused on growth even when it meant to raise money from investors selling the company equity.[non-primary source needed]
- "The Facebook Effect by David Kirkpatrick | Book review". the Guardian. 2010-07-17. Retrieved 2021-09-12.
- Harkin, James, "Review: The Facebook Effect by David Kirkpatrick", The Observer, Sunday 18 July 2010
- Arrington, Michael, "Review: Kirkpatrick’s The Facebook Effect Is A Wonderfully Biased History Of Facebook", Techcrunch, Jun 24, 2010
- nugget reviews, Mark Zuckerberg’s truth: Why do we choose Facebook? 
- "The Facebook Effect" preview at Google Books
- Kirkpatrick, David (2010). The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company That is Connecting the World. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1439102114.