Fairy Queen (disambiguation)
(Redirected from The Fairy Queen)
The Fairy Queen, in English folklore, traditionally ruled the fairies. "Fairy Queen" may alternatively refer to:
In literature and fine art
- The Faerie Queene, a poem by Edmund Spenser published in two parts, in 1590 and 1596
- The Fairy Queen, a painting by Myrea Pettit to celebrate the 80th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II
- The Fairy Queen (Fablehaven), fictional character in Brandon Mull's 2000s Fablehaven series
In music and opera
- The Fairy-Queen (1692), a semi-opera by Purcell based on Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream (and not on Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene)
- "Faerie Queen" (song), a song by Heather Alexander on her album Wanderlust
- "Faerie Queen", a song by Blackmore’s Night from their 2006 album The Village Lanterne
- The Fairy Queen, a CD by the musical artist Kenny Klein, whose title song describes the Fairy Queen Mab
In other uses
- Fairy Queen (locomotive), an Indian steam locomotive
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fairy Queen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.