The Fall of Troy (album)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Fall of Troy|
|Studio album by The Fall of Troy|
|Released||November 4, 2003|
|Recorded||May 2003 at The Hall of Justice, Seattle|
|Label||Lujo Records, Equal Vision Records (re-release)|
|Producer||Joel M. Brown|
|The Fall of Troy chronology|
The Fall of Troy is the self-titled debut album by The Fall of Troy.
All tracks written by The Fall of Troy.
|3.||"The Circus That Has Brought Us Back to These Nights (Yo Chocola)"||3:08|
|4.||"Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles"||3:51|
|5.||"The Last March of the Ents"||2:59|
|7.||"Whacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones"||4:51|
|8.||"Reassurance Rests in the Sea"||3:58|
|9.||"The Adventures of Allan Gordon"||4:06|
|10.||"I Just Got This Symphony Goin'"||4:14|
|11.||"What Sound Does a Mastodon Make?"||7:12|
||This article contains embedded lists that may be better presented using prose. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- The band members were 17 when they recorded this album, with the exception of Thomas, who had turned 18 two months before the recording started.
- The whole album was recorded in one week throughout one take.
- Lead singer and guitarist Thomas Erak has the original album's cover art tattooed on his left arm.
- "The Last March of The Ents" is about the Destruction of Isengard from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.
- "The Adventures of Allan Gordon" is about the book The Iceberg Hermit.
- "F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P." has the speculated meanings:
- The widespread opinion  is that "F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P." stands for one of:
- According to the guitarist's personal LiveJournal account, the song name matches exactly with a personal saying as described above.
- According to the band's FAQ, "No comment, and even if you figure it out, it doesn't mean anything." (Presumably, the title is a joke that does not mean anything related to the lyrics or the song's meaning itself.).
- Tim Ward - bass, vocals
- Thomas Erak - guitar, vocals
- Andrew Forsman - drums
- Joel M. Brown - production, additional vocals on "F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P."
- Jeff Suffering - vocals on "Spartacus" and "F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P."
- Gail Erak - vocals on "What Sound Does a Mastodon Make" and backing vocals on "F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P."
- Andy Myers - design and layout
- Punknews.org review
- Sputnikmusic review
- Meaning of "FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP" in a February 2005 user comment at SongMeanings.net
- Meaning of "FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP" in a September 2005 user comment at Music-Discussion.com
- Meaning of "FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP" in a May 2006 user comment at Punknews.org
- Meaning of "FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP" at Last.fm
- The Fall of Troy's official FAQ page, scroll down