The Family (miniseries)
|Directed by||Jesse Moss|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||5 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||46–54 minutes|
|First shown in||Worldwide|
|Original release||August 9, 2019|
The Family is an American documentary web television miniseries that premiered on Netflix on August 9, 2019. The series examines a conservative Christian group—known as the Family or the Fellowship—its history, and investigates its influence on American politics.
The series was executive produced by Jeff Sharlet, who previously wrote books about the same organization, including C Street: The Fundamentalist Threat to American Democracy and The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Submersion"||August 9, 2019|
|2||"Chosen"||August 9, 2019|
|3||"New World Order"||August 9, 2019|
|4||"Dictators, Murderers & Thieves"||August 9, 2019|
|5||"Wolf King"||August 9, 2019|
Critics have generally praised the series. For Decider, Joel Keller described it as having "a lot of potential to fascinate". Joel Mayward of Cinemayard described the series as "chilling" but also wrote that it felt "muddled and redundant". Vulture's Jen Chaney noted that the series focused predominantly on the Fellowship's influence on conservatives, and excluded Democratic involvement.
The Family was released on August 9, 2019 on Netflix.
- "Netflix's 'The Family' Trailer: Meet the Secret Organization Trying to Un-Separate Church and State". The Wrap. August 7, 2019.
- "The Family: It's Not About Faith, It's About Power - Official Trailer". YouTube. August 7, 2019.
- "Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Family' On Netflix, A Docuseries About A Secret Religious Organization Infiltrating The Highest Levels Of Government". Decider. August 10, 2019.
- Foreman, Alison. "Netflix's 'The Family' raises an eyebrow at secretive D.C. influence". Mashable. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- "The Family: Limited Series". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "The Family". cinemayward. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Chaney, Jen (August 12, 2019). "The Family Puts a Secret Organization in the Spotlight, But Could Use Stronger Wattage". Vulture. Retrieved 2019-08-13.