The Family Link
|The Family Link
The Family Link poster
|Country of origin||Hong Kong|
|No. of episodes||21|
|Running time||45 minutes (approx.)|
|Original release||May 14 – June 10, 2007|
Mung Ka-Ka (Sheren Tang), Cho Mei-Ngoh (Kiki Sheung), and Hilary Ding Mui-Hong (Cecilia Yip) are good friends and they are experts on how to raise a family. They teach Ko Wing-Kuen (David Chiang) how to raise his daughter and show him that it takes more than words to care for a child.
Along the way, they find out that their husbands might be secretly doing things behind their backs:
- Ka-Ka suspects her husband Joe Fong Yin-Jo (Michael Tse) is secretly pretending to be a woman, while in reality he is trying to pursue his goal of becoming a cross-dressing pop star.
- Mei-Ngoh's husband Ma Dai-Hap (Wilson Tsui) might be cheating on her with another woman.
- Mui-Hong thinks her husband Bill Cheuk Kam-Biu (Derek Kwok) might be having an affair in which causes her to receive sexual diseases.
- Shu Siu-Man (Leila Tong) just came back from America and suspects all three of them to have caused the death of her best friend Yoyo who is also Gam Shing-Tsun's (Kenneth Ma) wife.
|Sheren Tang||Mung Ka-Ka
Fong Yin-Jo's wife.
|Michael Tse||Fong Yin-Jo (Joe)
Mung Ka-Ka's husband.
|Cecilia Yip||Ding Mui-Heung
Cheuk Kam-Biu's wife.
|Derek Kwok||Cheuk Kam-Biu (Bill)
Ding Mui-Hong's husband.
|Kiki Sheung (商天娥)||Cho Mei-Ngoh
Ma Dai-Hap's wife.
|Wilson Tsui (艾威)||Ma Dai-Hap
|Cho Mei-Ngo's husband.|
|Leila Tong||Shu Siu-Man
|Ko Wing-Kuen's sister-in-law.
Yoyo's best friend.
|Kenneth Ma||Gam Shing-Tsun
|David Chiang||Ko Wing-Kuen
|Shu Siu-Man's brother-in-law.|
|Fala Chen||Angela||Cheuk Kam-Biu's boss and lover.|
|Week||Episode||Average Points||Peaking Points||References|
||May 14–18, 2007||1 — 5||
||May 21–25, 2007||6 — 10||
||May 29 - June 1, 2007||11 — 15||
||June 4–8, 2007||16 — 20||
||June 10, 2007||21||
Awards and nominations
- "Best Drama"
- "Best Actor in a Leading Role" (Michael Tse - Joe Fong Yin-Jo)
- "Best Actress in a Leading Role" (Sheren Tang - Mung Ka-Ka)
- "Best Actress in a Leading Role" (Kiki Sheung - Cho Mei-Ngoh)
- "Best Actor in a Supporting Role" (Kenneth Ma - Gam Sing-Tsun)
- "Best Actor in a Supporting Role" (Derek Kok - Bill Cheuk Kam-Biu)
- "Best Actor in a Supporting Role" (Wilson Tsui - Ma Dai-Hap)
- "Best Actress in a Supporting Role" (Leila Tong - Shu Siu-Man)
- "My Favourite Male Character" (Michael Tse - Joe Fong Yin-Jo)
- "My Favourite Male Character" (David Chiang - Ko Wing-Kuen)
- "My Favourite Female Character" (Sheren Tang - Mung Ka-Ka)
- "My Favourite Female Character" (Kiki Sheung - Cho Mei-Ngoh)
- "My Favourite Female Character" (Leila Tong - Shu Siu-Man)