The Fantastic Ones
|Heights||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) – Bobby
5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) – Tommy
|442 lb (200 kg)|
The Fantastics were a professional wrestling tag team composed of Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers that worked together extensively between 1984 and 2007. At times Bobby Fulton would team up with his brother Jackie Fulton under the same name.
While in the Mid-Southern area (Memphis), Terry Taylor was teamed with a budding young wrestler named Bobby Fulton, who at the time was a jobber on TV but showed promise. To capitalize further on the success of The Fabulous Ones, they were named "The Fantastic Ones" and teamed only for a brief time before splitting up. In 1984, Bobby Fulton moved to the Mid-South area and teamed with Tommy Rogers shortening the name of the team to "The Fantastics". They began a feud with The Midnight Express that would extend into the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA). In 1985 "The Fantastics" would continue the Midnight Express feud over the World Class Wrestling Association's WCWA Tag Team Championship. In 1986, they had a feud with The Sheepherders in the Universal Wrestling Federation (UWF). In 1987, back in World Class Championship Wrestling, they feuded with Mike Davis and Tommy Lane, The Rock 'N Roll RPM's. They won the feud by winning a scaffold match at the Parade of Champions 4 on May 3, 1987. In 1988, they went to the NWA's Jim Crockett Promotions to continue their feud with the Midnight Express, going on to win the NWA United States Tag Team Title on two separate occasions throughout the year. In 1989, they left the NWA, due to problems with booker Kevin Sullivan. Rogers wrestled in Japan while Fulton resurfaced in the American Wrestling Association (AWA) teaming with his brother, Jackie Fulton, as the Fantastics. They briefly feuded with AWA Tag Team Champions Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom. In 1990, the brother tandem also had a short run in the NWA and wrestled on the independent circuit. Rogers and Fulton would reunite a year or so later and both versions of the team (Rogers and Fulton/Fulton and Fulton) would team together throughout the country and in Japan. When Jim Cornette began his own promotion, Smokey Mountain Wrestling (SMW) Fulton and his brother wrestled as "The Fantastics" for Cornette's company and occasionally as "The Fantastic Ones" in other promotions. In subsequent years the Fantastics occasionally worked as a team on the independent circuit, until 2007, when Rogers retired from the ring. On June 1, 2015, Tommy Rogers died at the age of 54.
In their early years, they used the song "Sharp Dressed Man" as an entrance theme. One night they were approached and told that Dusty Hill was inviting them to meet him at a local bar in Texas, which Rogers and Fulton thought was a prank. When Hill actually showed up, they expected to be served with a cease and desist order for using the song. But, Hill was actually a huge fan of them, and loved that they used the song. 
- Double-team finishing moves
- Entrance themes
- "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top
Championships and accomplishments
- PWI ranked them # 63 of the 100 best tag teams during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
- Other titles
- Mid-Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- IWA Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- SCW Tag Team Champions (1 time)
- "Stone Cold Steve Austin Interviews Jim Cornette Part 1".
- Cawthon, Graham (2013). the History of Professional Wrestling Vol 3:Jim Crockett and the NWA World Title 1983-1989. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ASIN 149480347X.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). "Texas: WCWA Tag Team Title [Fritz Von Erich]". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "Historical Cards: Parade of Champions 4 (May 3, 1987. Irving, Texas)". PWI Presents: 2007 Wrestling Almanak and book of facts (Kappa Publications). p. 173. 2007 Edition.
- Will, Gary; Royal Duncan (1994). "United States: 19th century & widely defended titles - NWA, WWF, AWA, IWA, ECW, NWA - NWA/WCW United Statest Tag Team Title". Wrestling Title Histories (3 ed.). Archeus Communications. p. 24. ISBN 0-9698161-1-1.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). "Tennessee: SMW Tag Team Title". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "World Class Memories: FAQ: Current Whereabouts and Final Resting Places". Retrieved February 4, 2015.
- Straight Shootin' with The Fantastics
- "Tommy Rogers profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-11-20.
- "Jim Cornette profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-11-20.
- Gary Will and Royal Duncan (2000). "(Minnesota) PWA Tag Team Title". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). "Oklahoma: UWF Tag Team Title [Bill Watts]". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). "Texas: WCCW Tag Team Title [Fritz Von Erich]". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.