Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
|Chairperson||Barbara Hrbek Zucker|
|President||Kevin J. Tracey, MD|
|Location||Manhasset, New York, United States|
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research is a private, non-profit institution. It runs research programs focusing on immunology, inflammation, neuroscience, and behavioral medicine. It is also home to the Litwin-Zucker Center for research on Alzheimer's disease. The Institute ranks among the top 10% of grant receiving research centers in the United States from the National Institutes of Health.
The institute was founded in 1995 to house the research operations of Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ Health System). North Shore University Hospital originally constructed a small research building in 1985 to foster clinical and translational science.
The institute is the laboratory and faculty home of the Elmezzi Graduate School of Molecular Medicine, an independent, degree-granting institution, chartered by the State University of New York. It confers a PhD degree in Molecular Medicine to students who have previously completed medical school and then matriculate in a mentored research training program in the Feinstein laboratories.
- "Train Concert Raises $1.5 Million for Feinstein Institute for Medical Research". news.yahoo.com. USNewswire. Retrieved 20 May 2015.[dead link]
- Eidelberg, David. "The Morris K. Udall Center for Parkinson's Disease Research". www.ninds.nih.gov. National Institute of Health. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Using 3D printing, MakerBot and Feinstein Institute repair tracheal damage". phys.org. Phys.org. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- Behar, Michael. "Can the nervous system be hacked?" (PDF). parsintl.com. NY Times. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Feinstein - Litwin-Zucker Center for Research in Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders". Feinsteininstitute.org. 2011-07-12. Retrieved 2013-02-05.
- Ng, Emily. "Feinstein Institute". globenewswire.com. Globe Newswire. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Feinstein Institute". studychacha.com. Retrieved 20 May 2015.