The Fifth Cord
|The Fifth Cord|
|Directed by||Luigi Bazzoni|
|Produced by||Manolo Bolognini|
|Screenplay by||Mario di Nardo
|Based on||The Fifth Cord
by David McDonald Devine
(as D.M. Devine)
|Music by||Ennio Morricone|
|Edited by||Eugenio Alabiso|
B.R.C. Produzione S.r.l.
|Distributed by||Jumbo Cinematografica|
|28 August 1971|
The Fifth Cord (Italian: Giornata nera per l'ariete, lit. "Black day for Aries") is a 1971 Italian giallo film directed by Luigi Bazzoni. The film's Italian title reprises Dario Argento's practice of using animals in the titles of his thriller films. The film is based on a novel with the same name by D.M. Devine.
- Franco Nero as Andrea Bild
- Silvia Monti as Helene
- Pamela Tiffin as Lù Auer
- Wolfgang Preiss as Commissioner
- Ira von Fürstenberg as Isabel Lancia
- Edmund Purdom as Edouard Vermont
- Rossella Falk as Sophia Binni
- Renato Romano as Dr. Richard Binni
- Guido Alberti as G. Traversi
- Agostina Belli as Giulia Soavi
- Luciano Bartoli as Walter Auer
- Maurizio Bonuglia as John Lubbock
- Corrado Gaipa as Andrea's Chief
- Andrea Scotti as Vogel
- Giovannini, Fabio (1986). Dario Argento: il brivido, il sangue, il thrilling. Edizioni Dedalo.
- Poppi, Roberto; Pecorari, Mario (1996). Dizionario del cinema italiano. Gremese Editore.
- Firsching, Robert. "Giornata Nera Per l'Ariete - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast - AllMovie". AllMovie. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1970s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|