|Origin||Saratoga Springs, New York, USA|
|Genres||rock, garage rock, pop rock|
|Associated acts||Graham Parker|
|Past members||Guy Lyons, Mike Viola, Brett Rosenberg, Scott Janovitz|
The Figgs are a rock band out of Saratoga Springs, New York. First formed in 1987 (under the name "Sonic Undertones"), their output has included at least nine traditional full length albums (two on major labels in the mid 90s), multiple EPs and singles, a live album, and gigs backing Graham Parker since 1996 and on Parker's 2005 release Songs of No Consequence, as well as Tommy Stinson of The Replacements fame.
The original lineup of the band included Mike Gent (guitar), Pete Donnelly (bass), and Guy Lyons (drums), who all went to high school together. When Lyons temporarily left the band in 1989, he was replaced by Pete Hayes. Lyons returned in 1992, this time on lead guitar, to make the band a foursome. A record deal followed late in 1993. Lyons left the fold for good in 1997, after recording Couldn't Get High, which followed the band's drop from Capitol Records. The remaining three Figgs continued to play, with several albums and regular concert appearances, as well as careers separate from the band.
The following is a partial discography:
- Ginger (cassette) - Absolute A Go Go - 1992
- Ready Steady Stoned (cassette) - Absolute A Go Go - 1993
- Low-Fi At Society High (CD/Vinyl) - Imago - 1994
- Hi-Fi Dropouts (CD) - 1994
- Banda Macho (CD/Vinyl) - Capitol Records - 1996
- The Figgs Couldn't Get High (CD/Vinyl) - Absolute A Go Go/Stomper - 1998
- Rejects (Vinyl) - Philthyrex - 2000
- For EP Fans Only (CD) - Hearbox - 2000
- Sucking In Stereo (CD/Vinyl) - Hearbox/Peterwalkee - 2000
- Badger (CD) - Hearbox - 2001
- Slow Charm (CD/Vinyl) - Hearbox/Good Land - 2002
- Ready Steady Stoned (CD Deluxe Reissue) - Stomper/Sodapop - 2003
- Palais (CD/Double Vinyl) - Stomper/Sodapop/Soooo Intense - 2004
- Continue To Enjoy The Figgs Vol. 1 (CD) - Stomper - 2005
- Follow Jean Through The Sea (CD/Vinyl) - Gern Blandsten - 2006
- Continue To Enjoy The Figgs Vol. 2 (CD) - Stomper - 2007
- The Man Who Fights Himself (CD) - Stomper - 2010
- 3.28.01 Kansas City, MO - The Hurricane (CD/Vinyl) - Stomper/Peterwalkee - 2010
- The Day Gravity Stopped (CD/Double Vinyl) - Stomper/Peterwalkee - 2012
- 1000 People Grinning: The Figgs Anthology (CD) - Stomper - 2013
- Wheeler, Vicky (October 25, 2013). "The Figgs: ‘Longing for You’". The New York Observer. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- Brodeur, John (August 30-Sept 5), "To Be Continued: Celebrating two decades in the life of a band called the Figgs", Metroland 30 (35): 16–17
- "Lexus RX First Sight Commercial Song Je T’Adore by The Figgs.". Livingly Media, Inc. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- The Figgs at AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-11-16.