The Final Call
|Part of a series on:|
|Nation of Islam|
|Islam portal Politics portal|
The original newspaper of The Nation of Islam was called The Final Call to Islam and was published by Nation of Islam Leader Messenger Elijah Muhammad in the 1930s. This small newspaper evolved into Muhammad Speaks in the 1960s and attracted a circulation of 900,000 per week, with monthly circulation of 2.5 million. Founded by Louis Farrakhan, The Final Call follows the traditions of the Muhammad Speaks newspaper with national and international news and coverage of political issues. It is the official communications organ of the Nation of Islam. Today, the weekly Final Call serves a readership of diverse economic and educational backgrounds and is distributed in North America, Canada, Europe, Africa and the Caribbean. The current editor-in-chief is Richard B. Muhammad, and the managing editor is Starla Muhammad.
The Final Call Online Edition was a simple promotional tool developed by Final Call Muslim college students for the historic Million Man March in 1995. Receiving millions of visits since its inception, it has grown into the online companion to the Final Call newspaper.
According to the publication's website, The Final Call "aims to serve as an essential source of information for those who thirst for uncompromised reporting in today's arena of corporate driven media."
- Talmadge Anderson; James Benjamin Stewart (2007). Introduction to African American Studies: Transdisciplinary Approaches and Implications. Black Classic Press. p. 220. ISBN 978-1-58073-039-6. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- "FinalCall.com News".
- "The Final Call Online Edition Information". The Final Call. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "About Us". The Final Call. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Louis Farrakhan". Southern Poverty Law Center. Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- "The Final Call Newspaper Denies Jewish History". Anti-Defamation League. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Letter of warning to President George Bush: December 1, 2001". NOI.org Official Website. 2001-12-01. Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- Gray, Briahna Joy; Gray, Briahna Joy (2018-03-13). "On the Dangers of Following Louis Farrakhan". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2018-12-16.