The First 10 Explosive Years
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The First 10 Explosive Years|
|Compilation album by|
|Atomic Rooster chronology|
The First 10 Explosive Years is a 1999 compilation album by British rock band Atomic Rooster. It is on the Angel Air record label and, like all their Atomic Rooster and related-artists releases, is derived from original tapes owned and remastered by John Du Cann.
Whilst being a very good compilation for fans of the band, it consists entirely of unlicensed tracks, whose copyright is owned by Sanctuary (who purchased the B&C and Dawn catalogues), EMI and Polydor Records.
It has been reissued and repackaged at least twice: In 2004, it was teamed with The First Ten Explosive Years Volume 2 and released on the Recall Records label (a subsidiary of Snapper Music) as a double CD titled Tomorrow Night.
In 2005, it was reissued on the German Ambitions/Membran International label as disc one in a two-disc set entitled Rebel with a Clause. The second disc was the 11 track reissue of Headline News.
Track listing (with spelling and title corrections)
- "Sleeping for Years" 5:26
- "Seven Streets" 6:41
- "I Can't Take No More" 3:31
- "Taken You Over" a.k.a. "They Took Control of You" 4:48
- "Lost in Space" 5:51
- "Play it Again" 3:10
- "Devil’s Answer" 4:09 - live in Milan 1981
- "Rebel with a Clause" a.k.a. "Start to Live" 2:56
- "Night Living" a.k.a. "Living Underground" 3:36
- "Death Walks Behind You" 7:18
- "It's So Unkind" 4:05
- "When You Go to Bed" 3:42
- "Head in the Sky" 5:38
- "Break the Ice" 4:57
- "Play the Game" 4:45
- "Tomorrow Night" 4:50 - live studio version 1981