The Five Thirty Show
|The Five Thirty Show|
|Genre||lifestyle, Current affairs|
|Presented by||Stephen Jardine (Jan 08-May 09);
Debi Edward (Jan-Apr 08);
Rachel McTavish (Apr 08-May 09)
|Country of origin||Scotland|
|Running time||30 minutes
|Production company(s)||STV News|
|Original release||28 January 2008 –
23 May 2009
|Followed by||The Hour (2009-2011)|
|Related shows||STV News at Six|
The Five Thirty Show was a short-lived Scottish topical magazine show, which began broadcasting in Northern and Central Scotland on STV on Monday 28 January 2008. The programme was aired live from STV's Pacific Quay studios in Glasgow, with live link-ups to other parts of Scotland often featuring.
In May 2009, it was revealed that the programme would be axed and replaced by a new hour-long format entitled The Hour. The last regular edition of the programme aired on Friday 15 May 2009 and concluded with co-host Rachel McTavish's departure from STV. The final live programme was followed by a week of compilation specials.
The show was originally intended to report on the top stories of the day from across STV's Northern and Central regions in a more relaxed style to its sister shows, Scotland Today and North Tonight (now known as STV News at Six). Within a short time of launch, the format was changed to include more lifestyle & feature items and a greater focus on entertainment stories.
The programme team since launch;
- Main Presenters
- Stephen Jardine (28 January 2008 - 14 May 2009)
- Debi Edward (28 January 2008 - 25 April 2008)
- Rachel McTavish (28 April 2008 - 15 May 2009)
- Roving Reporters
- Vicky Lee (relief presenter)
- Gerry McCulloch (relief presenter)
- Chris Harvey (North Scotland Correspondent)
- Natasha Stillwell
- Entertainment Correspondent
- "STV axe ratings winner Five Thirty Show". Daily Record. 6 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-06.