The Fixer (TV series)
The Fixer intertitle
|Created by||Ben Richards|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||12 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||45 min.|
|Production company(s)||Kudos Film and Television|
|Original channel||ITV, STV, UTV|
|Original release||10 March 2008– 6 October 2009|
The Fixer is a British drama television series, produced by Kudos for ITV. Set in modern Britain, it follows the life of John Mercer, an ex-British Special Forces soldier, arrested by police for killing his aunt and uncle following his discovery of their abuse of his sister, Jess Mercer. John Mercer is released early from prison to serve in a covert state security squad as a government-backed assassin responsible for eliminating criminals and renegade police officers that the law cannot apprehend.
- Andrew Buchan as John Mercer
- Peter Mullan as Lenny Douglas
- Tamzin Outhwaite as Rose Chamberlain
- Jody Latham as Calum McKenzie
- Elisa Terren as Manuela
- Liz White as Jess Mercer (Series One only)
- Elliot Cowan as Matthew Symmonds (Series Two only)
The first episode received an audience of 6.65 million viewers, a 26.5% share, and episode two dropped 1.4m viewers, drawing 5.23 million, a 21.3% share of the audience. The next three episodes managed ratings of 4.75 million, 4.81 million and 4.80 million respectively. The last episode of the first series only managed 3.84 million (13.3% share), due to the episode competing against the start of a new run of Waking the Dead on BBC One which achieved double the share of that time slot.
Series One of The Fixer received a Royal Television Society award for Best Series.
Due to the critical acclaim and good ratings that the first series received, a second series was commissioned, which launched to 4.22 million viewers in September 2009. Series Two had disappointing ratings, dropping to as low as 2.82 million viewers by the season's end, and the show wasn't renewed for a third series.
- Kent Film Office. "Kent Film Office The Fixer Film Focus".
- "Homepage - National Film and Television School". nftsfilm-tv.ac.uk.
- "Lisa's BB eviction seen by 2.5 million". Digital Spy.
- "Most Viewed". Broadcast Audience Research Board.
- "Fixer, The - Season One (2008)". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Amazon UK's Official The Fixer DVD Page". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "The Fixer - Series 2 [DVD]". amazon.co.uk.