The Flash (season 6)
|The Flash (season 6)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||2|
|Original network||The CW|
|Original release||October 8, 2019 –|
The sixth season of the American television series The Flash, which is based on the DC Comics character Barry Allen / Flash, premiered on The CW on October 8, 2019, and consist of 22 episodes. The season follows Barry, a crime scene investigator with superhuman speed who fights criminals, including others who have also gained superhuman abilities. It is set in the Arrowverse, sharing continuity with the other television series of the universe, and is a spin-off of Arrow. The season is produced by Berlanti Productions, Warner Bros. Television, and DC Entertainment, with Eric Wallace serving as showrunner.
The season was ordered in January 2019, and filming began that July. Grant Gustin stars as Barry, with principal cast members Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Hartley Sawyer, Danielle Nicolet, Tom Cavanagh, and Jesse L. Martin also returning from previous seasons, and are joined by LaMonica Garrett.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|115||1||"Into the Void"||Gregory Smith||Eric Wallace & Kelly Wheeler||October 8, 2019||T27.14001||1.62|
|Moments after losing Nora, Barry and Iris find her message destroyed. Four months later, they appear to have come to terms with what happened, but the others are not convinced. While recovering Nora's discarded suit at the junkyard, Iris is nearly sucked into a black hole. Her investigation into what caused it leads her to Chester P. Runk, who built a machine to open black holes only to end up catatonic after half of his consciousness was absorbed into it. Even worse, the black hole opens over Central City; much larger than before. Using tech from Nora's back-up gauntlet, Barry dives into the black hole, retrieves Runk's consciousness, and puts it back into him; restoring him and closing the black hole for good. Meanwhile, Caitlin helps Frost learn how to live her own life and tries to dissuade a colleague of hers, Ramsey Rosso, from using dark matter to cure his patients. Rosso ignores Caitlin's warnings and tests his cure on himself, only to exhibit metahuman powers. Elsewhere, Barry and Iris learn that the Monitor destroyed Nora's message to dissuade Barry from trying to change his fate during the upcoming crisis; telling him he must die so billions can live.|
|116||2||"A Flash of the Lightning"||Chris Peppe||Sam Chalsen & Jeff Hersh||October 15, 2019||T27.14002||1.27|
|Refusing to give up hope, Barry decides to time travel to the day after he disappeared to find out what really happens during the crisis. However, an anti-matter barrier prevents him from getting there and after suffering a unique wound, he travels to Earth-3 to see Jay Garrick and his wife, Dr. Joan Williams. Using a machine Jay built, they send Barry's mind through the anti-matter wall, causing him to see billions of timelines where the multiverse is destroyed; with the only one where that does not happen being the one where he dies. The experience leaves him unsure of what to do, though Joe later reassures him his death does not mean he gave up. Meanwhile, Cecile takes on a case involving young meta, Allegra Garcia. Her powers tell her she is innocent, so she asks she be released. However, she turns up at a crime scene having seemingly killed someone. Even in spite of Joe telling her how her job works, Cecile still believes Allegra's innocent. Just then, Allegra's meta cousin, Esperanza, attacks CCPD to kill her. Barry defeats her and clears Allegra's name. Following this, Cecile decides to become a defense attorney for metahumans. Elsewhere, Rosso continues to learn more about his powers.|
|117||3||"Dead Man Running"||Sarah Boyd||Lauren Barnett & Thomas Pound||October 22, 2019||TBA||TBD|
|118||4||"There Will Be Blood"||Marcus Stokes||Lauren Certo & Sterling Gates||October 29, 2019||TBA||TBD|
|119||5||"Kiss Kiss Breach Breach"||Menhaj Huda||Kelly Wheeler & Joshua V. Gilbert||November 5, 2019||TBA||TBD|
Danielle Panabaker will direct the sixth episode of the season. The ninth episode, titled "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Hour Three", will be directed by David McWhirter and written by Lauren Certo and Sterling Gates, with Eric Wallace providing the story. It will air on December 10, 2019.
Cast and characters
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen / Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen
- Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow / Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny / Elongated Man
- Danielle Nicolet as Cecile Horton
- LaMonica Garrett as Mar Novu / Monitor and Anti-Monitor
- Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells and Pariah
- Jesse L. Martin as Joe West
Main cast members Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Hartley Sawyer, Danielle Nicolet and Jesse L. Martin return as Barry Allen / Flash, Iris West, Caitlin Snow / Killer Frost, Cisco Ramon, Ralph Dibny, Cecile Horton, and Joe West. Tom Cavanagh also returns as a regular, portraying a new version of his character Harrison Wells, whom he described as "a bit of an adventurer, a swashbuckler." Cavanagh will also portray Pariah. Sendhil Ramamurthy was cast in a recurring role as Ramsey Rosso / Bloodwork, the "Big Bad" of the season's first half.
The season introduces a new Killer Frost costume which has a more vibrant blue color scheme than the older costume, exposes the shoulders and features a chest emblem shaped like an ice crystal.
At the end of the 2018 Arrowverse crossover "Elseworlds", the follow-up crossover was revealed to be "Crisis on Infinite Earths" based on the comic book of the same name. The crossover will take place over five episodes–three in December 2019 and two in January 2020.
|1||"Into the Void"||October 8, 2019||0.6/3||1.62||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|2||"A Flash of the Lightning"||October 15, 2019||0.5/3||1.27||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- Welch, Alex (October 9, 2019). "'The Conners' adjusts up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 11, 2019. Retrieved October 9, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (October 16, 2019). "'Mixed-ish' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- "(#603) "Dead Man Running"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- "(#604) "There Will Be Blood"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- "(#605) "Kiss Kiss Breach Breach". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 18, 2019.
- MacDonald, Lindsay (July 24, 2019). "Everything We Know About The Flash Season 6 So Far". TV Guide. Archived from the original on July 27, 2019. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Bonucchi, Paula [@PaulaBonucchi] (October 3, 2019). "Here we go..." (Tweet). Retrieved October 3, 2019 – via Twitter.[better source needed]
- Mitovitch, Matt Webb (August 4, 2019). "Arrowverse 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Crossover Adds Black Lightning Stars, Bruce Wayne – Get Full Schedule". TVLine. Archived from the original on August 4, 2019. Retrieved August 4, 2019.
- Drum, Nicole (July 20, 2019). "The Flash: The Monitor to Appear in Season 6 Premiere". Comicbook.com. Archived from the original on July 21, 2019. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- Gelman, Vlada (July 20, 2019). "The Flash @ Comic-Con: Series Vet Cast as 'Crisis' Pariah — Plus, Get Scoop on Season 6's Double Villain Plan". TVLine. Archived from the original on July 21, 2019. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (July 20, 2019). "'The Flash': Sendhil Ramamurthy To Play DC Villain Bloodwork on Season 6 – Comic-Con". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on July 21, 2019. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- Victoria Park [@heybvp] (July 3, 2019). "first day back on season six⚡️⚡️⚡️ what do you think the @cwtheflash writers have in store for kamilla and cisco this season?" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (October 9, 2019). "Flash! Ah-ahhh! The Inside Story on Cisco's Super-Perfect Needle Drop". TVLine. Archived from the original on October 11, 2019. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- "Flash saison 6 : une mort majeure teasée dans l'épisode 1". AlloCiné (in French). Archived from the original on October 11, 2019. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- "The Flash Season 6 Trailer: New Villain Bloodwork, Barry's Parents And More Familiar Faces". Cinema Blend. October 3, 2019. Archived from the original on October 11, 2019. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (October 16, 2019). "The Flash Recap: Barry Sees the Crisis — and It Just About Kills Us, Too". TVLine. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- Atkinson, John (July 21, 2019). "Flash Season 6 Brings Back Wally West; Tom Cavanagh Plays Crisis' Pariah". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on July 23, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Goldberg, Lesley (January 31, 2019). "CW Renews 'The Flash,' 'Charmed,' 'Riverdale,' 'Supernatural,' 6 More". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on February 2, 2019. Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- Goldberg, Lesley (March 12, 2019). "'The Flash' Changing Showrunners for Season 6 (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on March 12, 2019. Retrieved March 12, 2019.
- Gittins, Susan (June 21, 2019). "SEASON 6: THE FLASH Vanishes in a Crisis This Season. Starts Filming July 2nd in Vancouver". Hollywood North. Archived from the original on July 1, 2019. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
- Damore, Meagan (July 10, 2019). "The Flash's Killer Frost Shows Off New Costume in Clear-Cut Photo". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on July 11, 2019. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Hullender, Tatiana (July 2, 2019). "The Flash Season 6 Starts Filming". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on July 2, 2019. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- Cecchini, Mike (December 12, 2018). "Crisis on Infinite Earths Confirmed as 2019 Arrowverse Crossover". Den of Geek. Archived from the original on April 13, 2019. Retrieved May 17, 2019.
- Boucher, Geoff (May 16, 2019). "'Arrowverse' Endgame? CW Chief Details 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Mega-Event". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on May 16, 2019. Retrieved May 17, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (June 17, 2019). "The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates: 'Batwoman', 'Supergirl', 'The Flash', 'Nancy Drew', More". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 18, 2019. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- "The Flash: Season 6 (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Archived from the original on October 10, 2019. Retrieved October 14, 2019.