The Flick Law Firm
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Services||Personal injury cases for people injured in traffic accidents|
The Flick Law Firm is an American law firm with locations in Kansas City, Missouri and Overland Park, Kansas. The firm works almost exclusively on personal injury cases for people injured in traffic accidents.
The Flick Law Firm was founded by Attorney Lawrence Flick in January 1989.
Since its opening, the firm has served residents of the Kansas City metro area. In 1993, the firm started representing clients in vehicle accident cases. Successful results in these cases caused the firm to focus its practice specifically on this area.
With a focus on vehicle accidents, The Flick Law Firm handles cases for people injured in car crashes, truck collisions, motorcycle wrecks, bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents. The firm places an emphasis on crashes involving tractor-trailers and other large trucks and has specialized resources, training and experience for these cases. It has helped people with serious injuries like with spinal cord injury, brain injury, complicated bone fractures, herniated spinal discs and others.
For more than 15 years, the firm has also represented injury clients in federal cases, litigated in United States District Courts in Kansas and Missouri and has received both published and unpublished opinions in cases. One of the firm’s trucking cases,Stewart v. Mitchell Transport, which was litigated in Federal Court involved issues under the Federal Motor Carrier Act of 1980 and resulted in a published opinion that has been cited by the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, United States District Courts around the country, the Supreme Courts of North Dakota and Oklahoma and other courts.
Attorney Lawrence Flick is the founder of The Flick Law Firm and now serves as Senior Attorney and Litigation Director. He is licensed to practice in the following jurisdictions:
- District of Columbia (inactive)
- US Court of Appeals - 10th Circuit
- US Court of Appeals - 8th Circuit
- US District Court - District of Colorado
- US District Court - District of Kansas
- US District Court - Western District of Missouri
Flick is also a member of various professional associations in the field of law, including the American Association for Justice, Missouri Bar, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Kansas Bar Association, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, and Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America.
Awards and recognition
The Flick Law Firm has received recognition from national bodies and locally. These commendations include:
- Lawrence Flick named among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers
- 10.0 Superb Rating – Avvo
- Lawrence Flick named among the Top Attorneys for Car and Truck Accidents – Avvo
- A+ Rating for The Flick Law Firm – Better Business Bureau
Media and published works
Lawrence Flick of The Flick Law Firm was requested to and did submit written comments on proposed changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. His comments are a permanent part of the record regarding the amendments. The firm has also been published or cited in various articles and publications. Some of these are:
- Large Truck Accident Injury Claims vs. Car Accident Injury Claims – What’s the Difference? – Accident Remedy
- Bicycle Accident Fatalities & Injuries – New Sobering Statistics – Bike Lane Living
The law firm has also provided extensive content on its website for vehicle crash victims and maintains a blog discussing recent traffic accidents in the Kansas City area.
- Flick Law Firm – Kansas City Personal Injury Law Firm
- Stewart v. Mitchell Transp., 241 F. Supp. 2d 1216 D. Kan. 2002
- Harris v. FedEx Nat. LTL, Inc., 760 F.3d 780 (8th Cir. 2014)
- Carlson v. GMR Transp., Inc., 2015 ND 121, 863 N.W.2d 514
- Craft v. Graebel-Oklahoma Movers, Inc., 2007 OK 79, 178 P.3d 170
- Cornell University Legal Information Institute – Lawrence Flick
- The National Trial Lawyers – Profile: Lawrence Flick
- Avvo – Lawyer Lawrence Flick
- Better Business Bureau – BBB Business Review
- Accident Remedy – Large Truck Accident Injury Claims vs. Car Accident Injury Claims – What’s the Difference?
- Bike Lane Living – Bicycle Accident Fatalities & Injuries – New Sobering Statistics
- The Flick Law Firm – Kansas City Vehicle Accident