The Flintstone Kids
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (April 2009)|
|The Flintstone Kids|
|Directed by||Art Davis
Ray Patterson (supervising director)
|Voices of||Henry Corden
Elizabeth Lyn Fraser
|Narrated by||Kenneth Mars (Captain Caveman and Son segments)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||34 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||William Hanna
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions|
|Distributor||Worldvision Enterprises (1986–1991)
Warner Bros. Television Distribution (1996–present)
|Original release||September 6, 1986– September 3, 1988|
|Preceded by||The Flintstone Funnies|
|Followed by||Cave Kids|
The Flintstone Kids is an American animated television series which aired from 1986 to 1988 on ABC, and as part of the weekday/weekend morning programming block, The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, and produced by Hanna-Barbera. It is a spin-off prequel of The Flintstones. The show disregards established continuity from the previous series, in which Fred and Barney met Wilma and Betty as adults.
It featured the following segments:
- The Flintstone Kids: The "main" story of the show. Either it would be the length of a full episode or be split into two different stories.
- Flintstone Funnies: Freddy, Barney, Wilma and Betty dreaming of exciting fantasy/adventures. These were dropped in the second season.
- Captain Caveman and Son: The adventures of Captain Caveman with his son, Cavey Jr. This segment was actually a "show within a show" whereby Captain Caveman and Son is a TV show watched by the main characters, with the "fourth wall" being broken frequently.
- Dino's Dilemmas: This segment featured the adventures and misadventures of Freddy's pet dinosaur Dino.
- Charlie Adler – Cavey Jr.
- Bever-Leigh Banfield – Mayor of Bedrock
- Jon Bauman –
- Michael Bell – Mr. Billy Bad
- Mel Blanc – Dino, Robert Rubble, Captain Caveman, Piggy McGrabit
- Susan Blu – Dreamchip Gemstone, Janet Granite, Victoria Lithonstone-Gemstone
- Hamilton Camp – Barney Rubble, Flab Slab
- Henry Corden – Ed Flintstone, Edna Flintstone
- Peter Cullen –
- Jim Cummings –
- Julie Dees – Wilma Slaghoople (1986–1987), Mica Slaghoople, Mickey Slaghoople, Tarpit Tommy
- Rick Dees –
- Dick Erdman –
- Takayo Fischer –
- June Foray – Grandma Cavemom
- Pat Fraley –
- Elizabeth Lyn Fraser – Wilma Slaghoople (1987–1988)
- Arte Johnson –
- Buster Jones – Officer Bob Quartz
- Aron Kincaid –
- René LeVant –
- Allan Lurie –
- Tress MacNeille –
- Kenneth Mars – Narrator in "Captain Caveman and Son" segments
- Janet May –
- Scott Menville – Freddy Flintstone (1987–1988)
- Howard Morris –
- George O'Hanlon –
- Rob Paulsen – Additional Voices
- Bumper Robinson – Philo Quartz
- Michael Rye – Ricky Slaghoople
- Ronnie Schell – Yuckster
- Avery Schreiber –
- Marilyn Schreffler – Rocky Ratrock, Flo Rubble
- John Stephenson – Ditto Master, Victor Gemstone
- Jean Vander Pyl – Pearl Pebbles Slaghoople
- B.J. Ward – Betty Bricker, Mrs. Rockbottom
- Beau Weaver –
- Lennie Weinrib – Freddy Flintstone (1986–1987), Police Commissioner
- Frank Welker – Nate Slate, Stalagbite, Fang, fill-ins for Dino and Robert Rubble
- Patric Zimmerman –
On May 4, 2010, Warner Home Video released Saturday Morning Cartoons 1980s, Volume 1, a compilation release which features episodes from various 80's cartoons including an episode from The Flintstone Kids. On March 11, 2014, Warner Home Video released The Flintstone Kids: Rockin' in Bedrock, a 2-disc set featuring 10 episodes from the first season, on DVD in Region 1.
- "Saturday Morning: Good And Bad". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Sennett, Ted. The Art of Hanna-Barbera: Fifty Years of Creativity. New York: Viking Penguin, 1989. ISBN 0-670-82978-1. p. 262.
- Stone-Age Preteens, Mr. T , Dirk the Daring and More on WHV's Saturday AM '80s DVD
- We've Got a First Look at the Cover Art for 'Rockin' in Bedrock'
- The Flintstone Kids @ The Big Cartoon DataBase
- The Flintstone Kids at the Internet Movie Database
- The Flintstone Kids at TV.com