The Focus Group
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Focus Group|
|Birth name||Julian House|
|Associated acts||Belbury Poly
The Advisory Circle
|Website||Ghost Box Records|
The Focus Group is a project of experimental electronic musician and graphic designer Julian House. His releases are on his own label, Ghost Box Music. The Focus Group's sound is a blend of influences ranging from old library music sounds, sixties-inspired pastiches, and soundtracks to 1970s films and programmes, as well as the sound collage of musique concrète.
- Hey Let Loose Your Love was featured in The Wire's top 50 albums of 2005.
- Broadcast and The Focus Group investigate Witch-cults of the Radio Age was The Wire 's top album of 2009.
- 2004 Sketches and Spells (CD, LP,album)
- 2005 Hey Let Loose Your Love (CD album)
- 2007 We Are All Pan's People (CD album)
- 2009 Broadcast and The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults Of The Radio Age (CD, LP collaboration with Broadcast. Released on Warp Records)
- 2013 The Elektrik Karousel (CD, LP album)
|This article about a British musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|