The Folks Who Live on the Hill
It was introduced by Irene Dunne in the 1937 film High, Wide, and Handsome and was recorded that year by Bing Crosby for Decca (#1462, mx DLA940A, Los Angeles 9/20/37). It has become particularly associated with Peggy Lee, who sang it on her 1957 album The Man I Love. Lee's performance was conducted by Frank Sinatra.
Other notable recordings
- Jo Stafford - Jo + Jazz (1960)
- Sammy Davis Jr. - Sammy Davis, Jr. Sings and Laurindo Almeida Plays (1966)
- Nina Simone - A Single Woman (1993)
- Eric Clapton - Old Sock (2013)
- Jimmy Scott and Joe Pesci - I Go Back Home (2016)