The Force (2017 film)
|Directed by||Peter Nicks|
|Written by||Linda Davis|
The Force is a 2017 documentary film directed by Peter Nicks. The documentary describes two years of efforts by the Oakland Police Department to implement reforms against police misconduct and scandals, at a time of growing social unrest, protests demanding increased police accountability, and ongoing federal oversight. The film won the Documentary Directing Award at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and a Golden Gate Award at the 2017 San Francisco International Film Festival.
- "'The Force' Documentary Reframes Community Policing Narrative". NPR.org. Retrieved 2017-09-24.
- Dargis, Manohla (2017-09-21). "Review: 'The Force' Follows the Oakland Police From Crisis to Crisis". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-09-24.
- Hartlaub, Peter (13 September 2017). "'Force' a bold and honest tour of Oakland police drama". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2017-09-24.
- Gleiberman, Owen (2017-02-01). "Sundance Film Review: 'The Force'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-09-24.
- The Force, retrieved 2017-09-24