The Forgotten (Green Day song)
|Song by Green Day|
|from the album ¡Tré! and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2|
|Released||October 30, 2012|
|Recorded||February 14 - June 26, 2012|
|Songwriter(s)||Billie Joe Armstrong / Green Day|
|Producer(s)||Rob Cavallo, Green Day|
"The Forgotten" is a song by the American rock band Green Day and is featured on their eleventh studio album ¡Tré!. The song is also available on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 soundtrack, which was released on November 13, 2012, and was released October 30, 2012. It was recorded at Jingletown Studios from February 14 to June 26, 2012 and produced by Rob Cavallo and Green Day.
Mike Dirnt, bassist of the band said in an interview at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards: "When we were asked to be part of the 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' soundtrack, we accepted without hesitation because it is an amazing cultural phenomenon" and also said "We have always been impressed with how careful they are with all the series soundtracks".
The music video was premiered on October 23, 2012 on MTV. The video features images from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 along with the band recording the song and the album as well as performing live on stage.
The song reached mixed to positive reviews. In a positive review, Rolling Stone magazine stated: "The strings return for ¡Tré!'s closing song, "The Forgotten," a five-minute piano ballad that unfolds like a lost track from the second side of Abbey Road. "Don't look away from the arms of love," Billie Joe Armstrong sings, as he brings the trilogy in for a sweet, soft landing." and Entertainment Weekly said in a review of the soundtrack that "The Forgotten" was the best song of the whole album.
By December 20, 2012, "The Forgotten" had sold just 4,000 downloads as the lead single to Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, a commercial failure.
|Japan (Japan Hot 100)||11|
|UK Rock (Official Charts Company)||39|
- "About to Pop: Pink, Nikki Williams + More Singles". Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- "'Breaking Dawn': Green Day Reveals Dreamy Ballad 'The Forgotten'". Hollywoodreporter.com. 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- Vena, Jocelyn (2012-10-04). "'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Soundtrack Track List Revealed! - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Anthony DeCurtis (2012-12-06). "Tr | Album Reviews". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Melissa Maerz (2012-11-16). "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Soundtrack - review - Various Artists Review | Music Reviews and News". EW.com. Retrieved 2012-12-10. C1 control character in
|title=at position 34 (help)
- "Amanda" (2012-12-11). "Alternative Press | Reviews | Green Day - ¡Tré!". Altpress.com. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- Jason Lipshutz (December 20, 2012). "Green Day's Album Trilogy: What Happened with 'Uno!,' 'Dos!' and 'Tre!'?". Billboard. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Green Day - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "2012-12-22 Top 40 Rock & Metal Singles Archive". Official Charts. Retrieved 2012-12-22.