Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (disambiguation)
|Look up Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, described at 6:1-8 in the New Testament's Book of Revelation, are four beings that ride out on white, red, black, and pale horses, symbolizing Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death, and belong to the Christian apocalyptic vision of the Last Judgment.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, or simply Four Horsemen, may also refer to:
- Four Horsemen (Supreme Court), United States Supreme Court's conservative justices during the New Deal era
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (blackjack), the four U.S. Army engineers who discovered in the 1950s the first correct Basic Strategy for the casino game of Blackjack
- Four Horsemen (NASA), senior scientists and consultants to NASA during the Apollo program: Bob Walker; Jim Arnold; Paul Werner Gast; Gerry Wasserburg
- "The Four Horsemen", colloquial name give to the proponents of the "New Atheism": Richard Dawkins; Daniel C. Dennett; Sam Harris; and Christopher Hitchens
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (novel), novel about the First World War by Vicente Blasco Ibáñez (1916)
- The Four Horsemen (poetry), Toronto sound-poetry group formed by Steve McCaffery in 1970
- Horsemen of Apocalypse, characters in Marvel's X-Men universe
- The Four Horsemen, four immortals from Highlander: The Series
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, woodcut by Albrecht Dürer in his series Apocalypse (1498)
Cinema and television
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, film based on the Blasco Ibáñez novel (1921)
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, remake of the 1921 film (1962)
- Four of the Apocalypse, spaghetti western (1975)
- Four Horsemen (film), documentary film by Ross Ashcroft on the banking system (2012)
- Four Horsemen (Highlander), group of Immortals on the television show Highlander: The Series
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, characters in the Supernatural TV series
- The Four Horsemen (professional wrestling), a former wrestling stable in the NWA and WCW wrestling organizations
- The Four Horsemen (band), hard rock band from Hollywood (1989–1996)
- The Four Horsemen (rap group), formed by Canibus, Killah Priest, Ras Kass, and Kurupt in 1996
- Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax (American band) are sometimes labeled the "Four Horsemen of Thrash Metal".
Songs and albums
- "The Four Horsemen (Of The Apocalypse)" by The Jordanaires (1953); also by Percy Faith (1962)
- "The Four Horsemen", song on Aphrodite's Child 666 (1972)
- "Four Horsemen", song on The Clash album London Calling (1979)
- "The Four Horsemen (Metallica song)", on the Metallica album Kill 'Em All (1983)
- 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, album by the Bollock Brothers (1985) also containing "Faith healer"
- The Four Horsemen (album) by Ultramagnetic MC's (1993)
- "4 Horsemen of 2012", song on the Klaxons EP Xan Valleys (2006)
- "4 Horsemen", song on the Timbaland album Textbook Timbo (2007)
- "Four Horsemen of 2012", song on the Klaxons album Myths of the Near Future (2007)
- "The Four Horsemen", song on the Judas Priest album Nostradamus (2008)
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, video game (2002)
- Four Horsemen (drink), cocktail containing four hard liquors
- The Fourth Horseman (disambiguation)
- The Horsemen of the Apocralypse (Discworld), four or five personifications in the Discworld series of books by Terry Pratchett
- Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse, term for internet criminals, or the imagery of internet criminals
- "25 Years of Curating Moon Rocks" by Judy Allton, Lockheed Engineering & Sciences Company, July 1994
- "The Four Horsemen DVD". Richard Dawkins Foundation. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "The Four Horsemen of Thrash Metal Ride Together for the First Time!". Jackson Guitars Blog. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.