The Franklin Electric
The Franklin Electric
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Labels||Nettwerk Music Group|
|Associated acts||Half Moon Run, Patrick Watson|
|Past members||Jean-Sébastien Leblanc|
The Franklin Electric are a Canadian indie folk collective formed by singer-songwriter Jon Matte from Montreal, Quebec, most noted for receiving a Juno Award nomination for Breakthrough Group of the Year at the Juno Awards of 2018. The band's core member is singer and guitarist Jon Matte, with supporting musicians that include Ken Pressé on guitar, Martin Desrosby on bass, and Adam Passalacqua on drums.
The Franklin Electric's debut album, This Is How I Let You Down, was self-released in 2013 before being reissued in 2014 by Indica Records. The album was supported with a cross-Canada tour, as well as several dates as an opening act for other bands in Europe. The band created an animated video for the song "The Strongest Man Alive".
The group released a second album, Blue Ceilings in February 2017; the songs are an eclectic mix of folk, pop, and electronic indie pop.  They toured in Canada and Australia in support of the album, and then went on to perform in Germany in April.
- This Is How I Let You Down (2013)
- Blue Ceilings (2017)
- In Your Head EP (2019)
- "This is how they find the spotlight; The Franklin Electric's debut receives the re-release it deserves, exposing the band's refined folk-pop to a wider audience". Montreal Gazette, May 6, 2014.
- "Arcade Fire and Daniel Caesar lead 2018 Juno Award nominations". CBC Music, February 6, 2018.
- "Montreal band Franklin Electric enjoys the power of the ride". Montreal Gazette, March 1, 2017.
- "Album Review: The Franklin Electric". Mad Sound Magazine, November 5, 2016, Sydney Hildebrandt
- "Phase two begins; The Franklin Electric winds up banner year with pair of shows before taking break to write new songs for sophomore album". Montreal Gazette, December 2, 2014.
- "The Franklin Electric: Blue Ceilings (Review) ". Music Reviews, Thoralf Koß, 25.02.2017.
- "The Franklin Electric brings Blue Ceilings to Sherbrooke". Sherbrooke Record, March 24, 2017.
- "The Franklin Electric : entre ciel et terre". Le Journal de Montréal, Ariane Labrèche Ariane Labrèche, 22 February 2017
- "No business like show business: The Franklin Electric Live Review". Indi Berlin, April 7, 2017