The Freezing Fog
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- James Longsden - Vocals
- Liam Stewart - Guitars
- Edward Godby - Guitars & backing vocals
- David Hopkinson - Bass Guitar
- Todd Staszko - Drums & Percussion
The band formed in March 2006, and has since released a number of records, including the Solarperplexus 7" single, the debut album, March Forth To Victory (recorded by Kurt Ballou), and a split 12" EP entitled Manafog, featuring fellow UK underground band, Manatees.
Releases have come about with the assistance of a number of independent labels, including Calculated Risk Records, Roadkill Records, Dental Records and, most recently, Eyes Of Sound records, the band's current label.
The band's debut LP, March Forth to Victory,' was released through Roadkill Records in August 2007, to rave reviews across the board from the UK alternative music press. Kerrang Magazine dubbed The Freezing Fog, 'a joyously retro heavy metal band,' whilst Rock Sound Magazine classed the record as, 'superb heavy rock with an unmistakably British flavour.'
The Freezing Fog is the eponymous second album by the band, and was released through Eyes of Sound Records on 26 January 2009.
On 8 February 2010 it was decided by mutual decision for The Freezing Fog to split.
- Solarperplexus - Calculated Risk Products - 2006
- March Forth To Victory - Roadkill Records - 2007
- Manafog - Roadkill Records - 2008
- March Forth To Victory (Worldwide re-release) - 2008 - Dental Records
- The Freezing Fog - Eyes of Sound - Release Date 26 January 2009
- The Freezing Fog (limited LP version on vinyl.) - For Those Who Love... Records - Release Date 26 January 2009
- Challenger (limited edition 3 track EP on cd) - 2010 (self released)
- Kerrang Magazine issue 1185. November 2007.
- Rock Sound Magazine. October 2007.
- Blabbermouth.net news archive. 15 November 2008