The Friend (LDS magazine)
|Publisher||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|First issue||January 1971|
The Friend is the monthly English language children's magazine published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is aimed at those of Primary age, approximately ages 3 through 12. It includes messages from church leaders, stories, crafts, recipes, and artwork and poetry submitted by readers.
The Friend is the successor to The Children's Friend, the official magazine of the LDS Church for children between 1902 and 1970. The Friend has been published monthly since January 1971. The magazine contains no advertisements.
Material from The Friend is translated into over 50 languages and published in various language editions of the Liahona, the church's official international magazine.
Since 1977, the editor of The Friend has been a general authority of the LDS Church.
- Doyle L. Green (1971–75)
- Dean L. Larsen (1977–78)
- James E. Faust (1979)
- M. Russell Ballard (1980–84)
- Carlos E. Asay (1985–86)
- Hugh W. Pinnock (1987–89)
- Rex D. Pinegar (1990–94)
- Joe J. Christensen (1994–95)
- Jack H. Goaslind (1996–98)
- Marlin K. Jensen (1999–2000)
- Dennis B. Neuenschwander (2001–04)
- Jay E. Jensen (2005–08)
- Spencer J. Condie (2008–10)
- Paul B. Pieper (2010–12)
- Craig A. Cardon (2012–15)
- Joseph W. Sitati (2015–17)
- Hugo E. Martinez (2017- )
- Rex D. Pinegar and Joe J. Christensen were co-editors in 1994.
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This children's magazine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.