The Frozen Logger
|"The Frozen Logger"|
- The Weavers 1951
- Odetta & Larry The Tin Angel 1954
- Cisco Houston Hard Travellin 1954
- Homer and Jethro "Barefoot Ballads" 1957
- Jimmy Rogers 1960
- Odetta At the Town Hall 1963
- Rolf Harris Man With The Microphone 1966
- Alex Campbell Way Out west 1967
- Oscar Brand
The first verse or the first two verses were sometimes played as a snippet during instrument tuning breaks by the Grateful Dead in concert mainly in 1970. It was usually sung by Bob Weir and Phil Lesh.
An animated version is available as The Frozen Logger 1963.
- Bunk Shanty Ballads and Tales, James Stevens, Oregon Historical Quarterly, volume 50, number 4. December 1949.
- Rise Up Singing 1988 page 137
The Frozen Jogger.
- "Time, December 31, 1951" (web review). 1951-12-31. Retrieved 2008-01-26.[dead link]
- "The Frozen Logger". USA Today (November 12). 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-24.[dead link]
- Grateful Dead Family Discography
- Deadbase "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2010-10-25.retrieved 2010-10-26
- Hendrickson, Stewart. "James Stevens-Paul Bunyan and the Frozen Logger (Jogger)". Retrieved 2008-01-11.
|This folk song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|