The Frye Company
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||John A. Frye|
|Headquarters||New York, USA|
|Products||shoes, boots, bags|
|Parent||Global Brands Group|
The Frye Company is an American boot manufacturer that, by its own accounts, is the oldest continuously operated shoe company in the United States.
In 1863, John A. Frye opened the doors to the very first Frye shop on Elm Street in Marlboro, Massachusetts.
In the 1890s, Marlboro manufactured more shoes than any other city in the U.S. During that time, and Frye was one of the largest and most successful footwear companies in the entire country.
During the 1960s Frye made custom boots for a number of well-known people including Jackie Kennedy, Bing Crosby, Jerry Lewis, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Ann-Margret, Walt Frazier, Laurel & Hardy, Candice Bergen, Liza Minnelli, Carole King, Gene Autry, and President Nixon.
The 1960s also saw the birth of the Frye Harness Boot, inspired by Union cavalry soldiers in the Civil War.
In 1998, Frye was acquired by Jimlar, a footwear company that produced Coach shoes under license. In 2010, Jimlar was acquired by Li & Fung. Li & Fung spun off its brands management as Global Brands Group in 2014.
Frye has moved most of their production to Mexico and China.
Frye continues to expand its retail footprint in 2015 with the opening of four more stores at Ponce City Market in Atlanta; Roosevelt Field in Long Island, New York; NorthPark Center in Dallas; and Tysons Corner in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Binkley, Christina (2007-06-22). "The Boots That Kicked Off an Era Are Back". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- Henning, Amanda Kaiser,Kristen (2010-08-12). "Li & Fung, Jimlar Deal Lauded". Footwear News. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- Chan, Vinicy (2014-07-09). "Global Brands Begins Trading After Li & Fung Spinoff". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- Official website
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/thefryecompany/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefryecompany
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/thefryecompany/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/thefryecompany
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|