The Future of Work and Death
The Future of Work and Death is a 2016 documentary by Sean Blacknell and Wayne Walsh about the growth of exponential technology.
In May 2017 it received an official screening at the European Commission. It was distributed by First Run Features and Journeyman Pictures and was released on iTunes and On-demand on May 9, 2017.
The documentary explores how imminent technologies could begin to significantly redefine our lives. The first part of the film focuses on how advanced automation, AI and technological singularity could be achievable in the next 30 years and how job obsolescence could consequently occur. The film then examines the possibility of extreme longevity and mind uploading and what the socio-political repercussions of these innovations could be.
- Dudley Sutton – Narrator
- Aubrey de Grey – Biomedical gerontologist and CSO of the SENS Research Foundation.
- Will Self – Writer, journalist, political commentator and Professor of Contemporary Thought at Brunel University.
- Rudolph E. Tanzi – Professor of Neurology at Harvard University and Director of the Genetics and Aging Research Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).
- Martin Ford – Futurist and author.
- Steve Fuller – Auguste Comte Chair in Social Epistemology at the Department of sociology at University of Warwick.
- Murray Shanahan – Professor of Cognitive Robotics at Imperial College London.
- Gray Scott – Futurist, executive producer of this production.
- Vivek Wadhwa – Entrepreneur, academic and Director of Research at the Center for Entrepreneurship and Research Commercialization at the Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University.
- Zoltan Istvan – Transhumanist and journalist.
- Joanna Cook – Anthropologist, University College London.
- Nicholas Kamara – Physician, Kable Hospital.
- David Pearce – Transhumanist philosopher and co-founder of Humanity+.
- Peter Cochrane – Futurist and entrepreneur.
- John Harris – Bioethicist, philosopher and Director of the Institute for Science, Ethics and Innovation at the University of Manchester.
- Riva Melissa-Tez – Entrepreneur and transhumanist.
- Ian Pearson – Futurologist
- Stuart Armstrong – Artificial intelligence researcher at Future of Humanity Institute.
- "The Future of Work and Death". calendar.raindancefestival.org. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "The Future of Work and Death". IFFR. 2017-01-12. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- OlomouckeWeby.cz, Martin Wagner -. "Movie Database". www.afo.cz. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- Beard, Matthew (2017-03-02). "No more 'death & taxes' – but do we really want to live forever with nothing to do?". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- News, A. B. C. (2017-05-01). "What's new on Netflix, iTunes, Amazon Prime and Hulu for May". ABC News. Retrieved 2018-03-19.