The Game Changers
|The Game Changers|
|Directed by||Louie Psihoyos|
|Produced by||James Cameron|
|Written by||Joseph Pace|
The Game Changers is a 2018 documentary film about the benefits of plant-based eating for athletes. It covers multiple success stories of plant-based athletes, references scientific studies, and touches on other arguments for plant-based diets that extend to non-athletes.
The documentary follows former UFC fighter James Wilks who, while recovering from an injury, travels the world and talks with elite athletes that follow plant-based diets. Athletes interviewed include Arnold Schwarzenegger, Patrik Baboumian, and Dotsie Bausch.
The Game Changers debuted at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2018, with a second edit released worldwide for a one-day screening in September 2019. The film has over a dozen executive producers, including James Cameron, Pamela Anderson, Rip Esselstyn, Jackie Chan and Brendan Brazier.
- Goldstein, Gary (September 26, 2019). "Review: 'The Game Changers' makes an athlete-fueled case for a plant-based diet". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- Starostinetskaya, Anna (September 18, 2019). "Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Makes Digital Debut Next Month". VegNews. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- Lodge, Guy (March 8, 2018). "Film Review: 'The Game Changers'". Variety. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- "'Advantage To Getting Protein From Plants': Former UFC Fighter James Wilks On Arnold Schwarzenegger, Documentary 'The Game Changers'". CBS Los Angeles. September 10, 2019.
- Official website
- The Game Changers on IMDb
- The Game Changers at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Game Changers at Box Office Mojo
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|