The Genealogy Roadshow
|The Genealogy Roadshow|
|Presented by||Derek Mooney|
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Running time||52 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Big Mountain Productions|
|Original network||RTÉ One|
|Original release||21 August 2011|
The Genealogy Roadshow is a four-part Irish genealogy television series which aired on RTÉ One on Sunday evenings at 6:30pm. It was created by Big Mountain Productions and presented by Derek Mooney. Each episode was recorded on the road in Kildare, Meath, Limerick and Galway in May and June 2011, before broadcasting commenced that August.
The Genealogy Roadshow put three questions to viewers and then set out to answer them.
Do you believe you are related to someone famous? Is your family connected to a major historical event? Do you need to solve a family mystery?
- "Big Mountain Filming 'Genealogy Roadshow', Derek Mooney Hosts". Irish Film and Television Network (IFTN). 26 May 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "The Genealogy Roadshow - Brand New Series for RTÉ". Big Mountain Productions. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "The Genealogy Roadshow: July 9th venue confirmed". Irish Genealogy News. 20 June 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "RTÉ’s new show "The Genealogy Roadshow" is coming to Carton House, Kildare". Roots Ireland. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "About the Show". RTÉ Television (Raidió Teilifís Éireann).
- Bolans, John (27 August 2011). "The great-grandmother of genealogy shows. . .". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Genealogy Roadshow". PBS. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
|This Irish television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|