The Genealogy Roadshow
|The Genealogy Roadshow|
|Presented by||Derek Mooney|
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Running time||52 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Big Mountain Productions|
|Original network||RTÉ One|
|Original release||21 August 2011|
The Genealogy Roadshow is a four-part Irish genealogy television series which aired on RTÉ One on Sunday evenings at 6:30pm. It was created by Big Mountain Productions and presented by Derek Mooney. Each episode was recorded on the road in Kildare, Meath, Limerick and Galway in May and June 2011, before broadcasting commenced that August.
The format is somewhat similar to Antiques Roadshow. Each episode is set in a particular city and usually deals with people from that city and the surrounding area. There are several segments per episode. An individual, or family, looking to know more about their heritage arrives with a specific question about someone they might be related to or the reported exploits of an ancestor. The Roadshow genealogists have a sit down meeting with the guests and, using video monitors and tablet computers, reveal to them their findings. The segments usually contain a short video clip explaining more about the time period which the segment focuses on. Interspersed with these longer segments are short, informal, meetings between the genealogists and a guest, revealing information about their ancestry.
- "Big Mountain Filming 'Genealogy Roadshow', Derek Mooney Hosts". Irish Film and Television Network. IFTN. 26 May 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "The Genealogy Roadshow - Brand New Series for RTÉ". Big Mountain Productions. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "The Genealogy Roadshow: July 9th venue confirmed". Irish Genealogy News. 20 June 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "RTÉ's new show "The Genealogy Roadshow" is coming to Carton House, Kildare". Roots Ireland. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- Bolans, John (27 August 2011). "The great-grandmother of genealogy shows. . .". Irish Independent. Independent News & Media. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Genealogy Roadshow". PBS. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
|This Irish television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|