The General (insurance)
The General Automobile Insurance Services, Inc., or simply The General, is a licensed insurance agency that is a subsidiary of PGC Holdings Corp. that focuses on auto insurance. In 2012, the company was acquired by American Family Insurance; The General brand still remains as a separate brand. The General specializes in insuring drivers who are considered "high risk" whose car insurance premiums are typically more expensive.
The General began selling insurance in 1963, under the company name Permanent General Agency. Later, the name was changed to Permanent General Assurance Corporation (PGAC), and in 2012, it was announced that Permanent General and all affiliated companies will unify under the one brand name "The General."
The General is based in Nashville, Tennessee, and has several physical store operations throughout the state of Louisiana, and internal offices in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Texas among other states.
In 2012, The General and Ken Roberts Productions received three Telly Awards for television commercials in the Animation category. A Silver Award was won for the "Baseball" commercial, and Bronze Awards were won for "Football" and "Snowboard". In 2019, The General was certified a "Great Place to Work".
- American Family Insurance | Newsroom
- The General Car Insurance | comparenow.com
- History of the General | The General Auto Insurance
- The General Insurance Brand | The General Auto Insurance
- Rovell, Darren (May 18, 2016). "Shaq to endorse company that insured college car". Retrieved July 22, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- The 33rd Annual Telly Awards | Winners
- 2019 Great Place to Work Certified