The Gersh Agency
|Industry||Talent and Literary Agencies|
|Founded||Beverly Hills, California, US (1949)|
|Headquarters||Beverly Hills, California
New York City, New York
Bob Gersh, Co-President
Gersh was founded in Beverly Hills in 1949 by Phil Gersh. He was considered one of the last links between Hollywood's Golden Age and today's corporate-owned movie business and his clients included Humphrey Bogart, David Niven, William Holden, June Allyson, Richard Burton, Lee J. Cobb, Fredric March, Gloria Grahame, James Mason, Karl Malden, and Robert Wise. In 1990, Richard Arlook joined the agency and helped to grow it from a handful of agents to over twenty agents. Phil Gersh gradually handed over responsibility to his two sons but continued to play a role in the company's management until 10 weeks before his death in 2004.
The agency is currently run by Phil Gersh's sons, Bob (born 1951) and David (born 1948). They have since represented such talents as Tom McCarthy, Jeffrey Tambor, Dave Diomedi, Adam Driver, Pamela Gray, Sasha Lane, Thomas Gibson, Drew Lynch, Terry Gilliam, Wynona Ryder, Pat Healy, Cameron Scoggins, Sasheer Zamata, Joel David Moore, Meghan Trainor, Anna Ziegler, Sasha Lane, Kristen Stewart, Anne Winters, Ericson Core, Megan Hilty, Kelli O'Hara, Laura Benanti, Andie MacDowell,
In 2010, TGA purchased literary agent Hohman, Maybank, Lieb which will bring a portfolio of writers including Robert Rodat, Katherine Fugate, Dave Reynolds, Ken Hixon, Sam Harper, Mitchell Kapner, Ben Ripley, David Scarpa, Geoff Rodkey, Marlene King, Alan McElroy, Chris Parker, Allison Burnett, Seth Bass, and Jonathan Tolins.
The Gersh Agency is the 6th largest talent agency in the United States after William Morris Endeavor, Creative Artists Agency, International Creative Management, United Talent Agency, Paradigm Talent Agency; they are larger in size than Agency for the Performing Arts, Innovative Artists, Abrams Artists Agency, and Don Buchwald & Associates.
- "The THR Guide to the 7 Major Hollywood Agencies". hollywoodreporter.com.
- McLellan, Dennis (May 11, 2004). "Phil Gersh, 92; Agent With Old Hollywood Instincts, Art Patron" – via LA Times.
- Weinraub, Bernard (May 12, 2004). "Phil Gersh, a Leading Agent In Hollywood, Is Dead at 92" – via NYTimes.com.
- McLellan, Dennis (11 May 2004). "Phil Gersh, 92; Agent With Old Hollywood Instincts, Art Patron". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Deadline: "Bill Gersh Becomes Agent, Marking Another In Third Generation In Talent Rep Business" by Anita Busch March 14, 2016
- Deadline: "Adam Driver Joins Spike Lee’s ‘Black Klansman’" by Anthony D'Alessandro October 25, 2017
- Deadline: "‘Megan Leavey’ Co-Writer Pamela Gray Signs With Gersh" by Anita Busch June 19, 2017
- Hollywood Reporter: "Cannes: Sasha Lane Joins Ben Wheatley's 'Freak Shift' (Exclusive)" by Alex Ritman and Tatiana Sieg May 16, 2017
- Hollywood Reporter: "'Criminal Minds' Actor Thomas Gibson Suffers Defeat in Fight Over Ex-Manager's Commissions" by Eriq Gardner March 24, 2017
- TubeFilter: "YouTube Millionaires: Drew Lynch Uses His Dog Vlog To “Make Fun Of Myself And Our Experiences” By Sam Gutelle August 24, 2017
- ComingSoon.net: "Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote Filming Wraps" June 5, 2017
- Variety Magazine: "Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder Reunite for ‘Destination Wedding’" By Robert Mitchell August 30, 2017
- Variety Magazine: "Amy Madigan, Ken Marino and Sky Ferreira Join Scott Free’s ‘Burning Woman’" By Justin Kroll April 27, 2017
- Variety Magazine: "TV News Roundup: ‘Nashville’ Season 5 Ups Cameron Scoggins to Series Regular, Adds Odessa Adlon" By Erin Nyren May 15, 2017
- Hollywood Reporter: "Whoopi Goldberg, Hill Harper Join 'Ghetto Plainsman'" by rebecca Ford August 1, 2017
- Deadline: "Gersh Signs ‘Avatar’ Actor & ‘Youth In Oregon’ Director Joel David Moore" by Ross A. Lincoln June 30, 2016
- Variety Magazine: 'ABC Gives Put Pilot Order to Music Drama With Meghan Trainor Producing" By Joe Otterso September 27, 2017
- Variety Magazine: "SundanceTV Developing Limited Series Based on Book ‘Intuition’" By Elizabeth Wagmeister February 14, 2017
- Hollywood Reporter: "Nick Offerman to Star in Music-Themed 'Hearts Beat Loud'" by Tatiana Siegel July 27, 2017
- New York Daily News: "Kristen Stewart could be one of the next ‘Charlie’s Angels’" By Brent Lang September 29, 2017
- Variety Magazine: "‘13 Reasons Why’ Adds Seven New Actors for Season 2" By Elizabeth Wagmeister August 8, 2017
- Hollywood reporter: "Damien Chazelle's Thriller 'The Claim' Finds Director" by Ashley Lee August 2, 2017
- The Montclarion: "Gersh Agency Representatives Talk Talent" By Jessica Ortega and Jessicca Bacher, November 17, 2015
- Hollywood reporter: "Chevy Chase, Andie MacDowell, Richard Dreyfuss & More Topline Netflix Comedy Film ‘The Last Laugh’" by Amanda N'Duka September 25, 2017
- Deadline: "UPDATE: Gersh Confirms Hohman Maybank Lieb Deal" by Mike Fleming Jr December 1, 2010
- Top Talent Agencies in Los Angeles (2017) 2017