The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
|The Ghosts of Christmas Eve|
|Directed by||Hart Perry|
|Produced by||Paul O'Neill, Taro Meyer, Michael Owen|
|Written by||Paul O'Neill|
|Music by||Paul O'Neill, Robert Kinkel, Jon Oliva|
|Distributed by||Fox Family|
The Ghosts of Christmas Eve is a 1999 made-for-TV movie showcasing a Christmas music performance by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, starring Ossie Davis and Allie Sheridan with guest performers Michael Crawford and Jewel. Other performers include Bob Kinkel, Al Pitrelli, Chris Caffery, Johnny Lee Middleton, Jeff Plate, Tony Gaynor, Daryl Pediford and Tommy Farese.
The songs are presented in such a way as to form a storyline about a runaway who takes refuge in an abandoned theatre on Christmas Eve, and experiences the musical performances as ghostly visions from the theatre's past. Ossie Davis as the caretaker and Allie Sheridan as the runaway, are used to fill out the narrative. The special was filmed at the historic Loew's Jersey Theatre in Jersey City, New Jersey.
It premiered on Fox Family on December 14, 1999 as part of their 25 Days of Christmas programming block. On November 13, 2001, it was released on DVD with the Timeless Version of Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 included as a bonus track.
The lost child, Allie Sheridan, would go on to perform with TSO during their 2003 tour.
List of Songs
- O Come All Ye Faithful / O Holy Night
- Good King Joy
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (featuring Jewel)
- Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24
- Christmas Canon
- O Holy Night (featuring Michael Crawford)
- Music Box Blues
- Promises To Keep
- This Christmas Day
- First Snow
The New York Times reviewed said, "the Trans-Siberian Orchestra has carried out a mission to create powerful artistry in music through the webbing of songs together by means of storytelling...artists like Jewel and Michael Crawford bring their own unique twists to a musical exploration of art and the Christmas spirit."
- Sloboda, Sarah. "Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Christmas Special - The Ghosts of Christmas Eve". New York Times. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "Trans Siberian Orchestra: The Ghost of Christmas Eve". TV Guide. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "Trans-Siberian Orchestra". December 7, 2014. Event occurs at 19:00–20:30. Wisconsin Public Television. WPNE-TV. Missing or empty
- "The Ghost of Christmas Eve (DVD - Atlantic #53127)". All Music. Retrieved December 8, 2014.