The Girl in Twilight
|The Girl in Twilight|
Promotional art for the series.
|Anime television series|
|Original network||Animax, Tokyo MX, YTV|
|Original run||October 1, 2018 – present|
The Girl in Twilight, known in Japan as Akanesasu Shōjo (Japanese: あかねさす少女, lit. "Girl Glowing Red"), is a multimedia franchise celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Animax channel. An anime television series premiered on October 1, 2018, and the project will also include a free-to-play mobile game.
- Asuka Tsuchimiya (土宮明日架 Tsuchimiya Asuka)
- Voiced by: Tomoyo Kurosawa
- Yū Tōnaka (灯中優 Tōnaka Yū)
- Voiced by: Lynn
- Mia Silverstone (みあ・シルバーストーン Mia Shirubāsutōn)
- Voiced by: Nao Tōyama
- Nana Nanase (七瀬奈々 Nanase Nana)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu
- Chloé Morisu (森須クロエ Morisu Kuroe)
- Voiced by: Marina Inoue
Animax announced the project on March 22, 2018, as a celebration of the channel's 20th anniversary. The anime television series is directed by Jin Tamamura and Yūichi Abe and written by Shogo Yasukawa, based on a concept by Kotaro Uchikoshi. Hiroshi Yamamoto is credited for writing the series' "SF setting". The series is animated by Dandelion Animation Studio and Jūmonji. Character designs are provided by Masakazu Katsura and Hiroyuki Asada, who also serves as the series' concept artist. Hiroki Harada is adapting the character designs for animation. Akitomo Yamamoto, Koji Watanabe, and Yuki Kawashima are serving as sub-character designers, with Yamamoto also serving as chief animation director. Susumu Imaishi, Koji Watanabe, and Sayaka Takase are providing prop designs for the series, and Ryō Hirata and Yasuhiro Moriki also provided designs. Yusa Itō is serving as art director at Kusanagi, while Haruko Nobori is the color key artist, Stanislas Brunet produces the imageboard art, and Akihiro Hirasawa is in charge of art setting. Atsushi Satou is serving as the director of photography at Studio Shamrock. Hideaki Takeda produces the series' 3DCG, and Hiroto Morishita is serving as sound director. The series is edited by Mai Hasegawa.
Ryu is producing the series' music, and Kenji Itō is composing the main theme song. The opening theme song, "Soranetarium" (ソラネタリウム), is performed by Michi, and the ending theme song, "Kowarekake no Radio" (壊れかけのRadio, lit. "Broken Radio"), by Ami Wajima.
The series premiered on October 1, 2018, and is broadcast on Animax, Tokyo MX, and YTV. It will also be available on multiple streaming services. Sentai Filmworks has licensed the series and will stream it on Hidive. The series will air for 12 episodes.
|No.||Title[a]||Original air date|
|1||"The Ritual at 4:44"|
"4 Ji 44 Pun no Gishiki" (4時44分の儀式 〜Ritual at 4:44〜)
|October 1, 2018|
"Chigau sekai (furaggu komento)" (
|October 8, 2018|
|3||"Before The Wedding Bells Ring"|
"Uēdingu beruganaru mae ni" (ウェーディング・ベルが鳴る前に)
|October 15, 2018|
The project will also include a free-to-play mobile game tie-in. The game will share the same writer, character designer, concept artist, composer, and main theme song writer as the anime. It will be available on iOS and Android.
- All English episode titles are taken from Hidive.
- Loo, Egan (August 8, 2018). "Animax's Akanesasu Shōjo Original Anime Unveils Cast, Story Intro, Song Artists, More Staff". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (March 21, 2018). "Animax Reveals 20th Anniversary TV Anime/Game App Akanesasu Shōjo". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (August 8, 2018). "Animax's Akanesasu Shōjo Original Anime Premieres in October". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (August 24, 2018). "Akanesasu Shōjo TV Anime Premieres on October 1". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- "Sentai Filmworks Licenses The Girl in Twilight Anime". Anime News Network. September 27, 2018. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (October 9, 2018). "Girl in Twilight, Release the Spyce, Gakuen Basara Anime Each Listed With 12 Episodes". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "The Girl in Twilight".