The Glasshouse (hotel)
|The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels|
Glasshouse hotel looking up to Calton Hill
|Management||Autograph Collection Hotels|
|Number of rooms||77|
|Number of suites||20|
The Glasshouse hotel in Edinburgh opened in June 2003 and is located on Greenside Place, next to the Playhouse Theatre. The hotel is on the edge of Edinburgh's New Town build into the 160-year-old façade of Lady Glenorchy Church. The hotel has 77 bedrooms (of which 20 are suites, all named after a specific brand of whisky) and two acre roof garden, overlooking Calton Hill. Notable guests include Westlife, Meryl Streep, Kelly Osbourne, Goldfrapp, Atomic Kitten, White Stripes, Steven Berkoff, Snow Patrol, Chuck Berry, Dennis Quaid, Annie Lennox, Kylie Minogue, Jessie J and Ben Elton and the Ceccarelli's family, Carlo and Alessia.
The Glasshouse has won the following awards:
- 2014 'Most Stylish Hotel' Scottish Hotel Awards
- 2013 SW Wedding Venue of the Year Scottish Wedding Awards
- "One of the top 50 hottest hotels in the world" by Condé Nast Traveler magazine
- Winner of the "Most Stylish Hotel" by the Scottish Style Awards
- Winner of the "Sexiest Hotel in Scotland" by Hotel Review Scotland
- Voted "Best hotel to get naked in" by Opodo
- Winner of The Scottish Hotel Design Award by Hotel Review Scotland
- Awarded as "Top 1% of hotels in the world" by Expedia
- Louise Bozec (28 May 2003). "Edinburgh's Glasshouse is a first for Eton Group". The Caterer. Retrieved 28 May 2003.
- John Gibson (28 February 2008). "Well it was sexy enough for Kylie and Annie..." The Scotsman. Retrieved 28 February 2008.
|This article about a hotel or resort in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|