The Goddamn George Liquor Program
|The Goddamn George Liquor Program|
|Created by||John Kricfalusi|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Original release||October 15, 1997 – 1998|
The Goddamn George Liquor Program is a 1997 Adobe Flash cartoon series created by John Kricfalusi and starring the animated character George Liquor. Liquor was spun out to his own web-based cartoon during the days when the Spümcø studio had an online presence. Michael Pataki voiced Liquor in the series. Spümcø produced eight one-minute shorts.
Premiering on October 15, 1997, The Goddamn George Liquor Program was the first cartoon series to be produced exclusively for the internet. George appeared on the series with his nephew, Jimmy The Idiot Boy; Jimmy's cousins, Slab and Ernie; Jimmy's love interest, Sody Pop; and George and Jimmy's pet dog, Dirty Dog. Without the control of a network, the series could be made as Kricfalusi wanted. The Goddamn George Liquor Program won the 1999 Annie Award for "Outstanding Achievement in an Animated Interactive Production". Later the show was being developed as a series of cartoon commercials for Pontiac Vibe. The new series remained unreleased after General Motors discontinued the Pontiac Vibe auto line in 2009.
- George Liquor, American – Liquor is an ultra-patriotic American.
- Jimmy the Idiot Boy – Jimmy is an incredibly stupid teenage boy.
- Sody Pop – Sody is a 15-year-old Canadian girl who is Jimmy's love interest. But George Liquor tells her to stay away from Jimmy.
- "Slab 'n' Ernie" – Slab and Ernie, two bullies, are George's nephews and Jimmy's cousins.
- "Dirty Dog" – "Dirty Dog", the "neighborhood watchdog", does not like cats. In the first episode of The Goddamn George Liquor Program "Dirty Dog" defecates on a lawn, upsetting the sun.
Other characters who appears in comic:
- Mable – Mable was George Liquor's wife. After she died, George Liquor preserved her torso and legs and nailed the parts to a trophy stand with the buttocks facing the room.
- Merle – 30-year old Merle, a "health nut", is Sody's older sister. Merle tries to seduce George Liquor.
- "The Bad Catholic Girls" – Three Catholic school teenage girls who smoke, trying to "corrupt" Jimmy.
- Mildrew – Mildrew, Slab and Ernie's mother, is married to Frank, George's brother. George Liquor sometimes flirts with her.
- Cigarettes the Cat – Cigarettes is Jimmy's pet cat.
- Victor Lugnuts – Lugnuts operates "Victor Lugnuts' House of Meats".
- Victor Produce – Lugnuts's rival, Victor Produce, operates a vegetable store.
- Eddie the Town Atheist – Eddie, an atheist, is Lugnuts's son. George tries to convince him to adopt Christianity.
- General "Buck" Neckfold – Neckfold, a general at The Pentagon, is one of George Liquor's friends.
- Nutty the Friendly Dump – Jimmy defecated Nutty. Nutty has corn kernels for eyes.
- Dr. Stump – Stump, George Liquor's family doctor, prescribes amputation as treatment for various ills.
- Harvey Whiteman, the Barber – Whiteman is George Liquor's barber.
- "The Lord" – God is one of George Liquor's "fishing buddies".
- "In His Way, John K. Will Challenge the World". Wired. 1997-10-08. Retrieved 2014-04-29.
- "John K's Guide to Surviving the End of Television". Cold Hard Flash. April 23, 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "Director: John Kricfalusi". Hoytyboy Pictures. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- "Flashimation: The Context and Culture of Web Animation" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- "27th Annual Annie Award Nominee Showcase: Goddamn George Liquor Program". AWM.com. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- "ASIFA-Hollywood's 27th Annual Annie Awards". ASIFA Hollywood. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- John Kricfalusi (March 20, 2008). "George Liquor Pilot Sketches". Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- Wert, Ray (April 27, 2009). "Pontiac Vibe, Solstice Are Dead, Won't Live On As Chevys". Jalopnik.com. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- Williams, Frank (June 18, 2009). "Bye-Bye, Vibe". The Truth About Cars. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "George Liquor Storybible", All Kinds of Stuff
- "George Liquor StoryBible 2 – more characters", All Kinds of Stuff